Just Labradors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would update everyone on Oakley's acupuncture experiences. We have been going now for about 4 weeks. First it was twice a week, now we are at once a week. I really hope I don't jinx things but it is going well. She hasn't had a stilbesterol since Nov 6 (she usually has it every 3 weeks) and her dosage of Propalin is down to half her regular dose twice a day rather than 3x a day.
The first step was to not give the Stilbesterol.
The second step was regular dose 2x a day.
Now we are on the 3rd step, half the regular dose, 2x a day.
We haven't had any urine dribbling or leaking!!

She doesn't really bother the needles at all. Occasionally she will look at them but normally she just lays down. First the vet puts a few needles in, usually in her legs. Then we wait 10 mins then he comes back and puts some more in, legs/and or back. She has had anywhere from 10 to 16 needles in her per treatment.

I hope things keep going well!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
So interesting!

I would be so afraid they would get up or roll over and jam the needles in!

I would love to try this sometime with the dogs. I wonder if they react as humans do, and become very relaxed on the insertion of needles. When mine has a put a few needles in, I get this really high feeling like I just don't care. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.