Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do anyone have this or have heard of it?

After looking around on the internet and self diagnosing, I think I do.

Burning pain when walking on the back of my right heel. Not the bottom heel, the back. The skinny part. Sometimes pain when just sitting, and almost always hobbling after sitting a while. Seems like it "stiffens" up.

Yes, I have a dr. appt in July and am going to ask her about it. If this is what I have (it's been going on for several months) is there anything to be done? Do shoes with arch support help? What causes it?

Frances

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Not sure but I have self diagnosed myself with that. Its worse in the morning. Good luck with it, I know it hurts like hell at times.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Had it once, (**** seems like I get everything) get your butt to a doctor sooner, I had to walk on crutches for a couple of weeks, they told me it could rupture the tendon.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
I had it when I was running seriously (it seems like I've had every running-related injury known to man). It is not fun and takes a long time to heal. Basically the only thing that worked for me was ice and rest, although there are various things to do depending on how serious it is. Go to the doctor; the last thing you want is a tendon rupture.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
My sister had it Frances and she was on crutches for a couple of weeks to prevent doing more damage. She also iced it down often and stayed off her feet as much as possible. It did heal up but seemed to take forever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts