Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**UPDATE**
She is holding her water down but apparently didn't drink much. She showed interest in the food, but wouldn't eat it. They said sometimes they'll do that and that we can pick her up at 7!! We have to do the rice/chicken thing a few tablespoons at first and then we can up it if she's holding it down. Tomorrow at dinner we can start mixing her food back in provided she is holding the food down.

They gave her a shot to calm her tummy and I think we might get some meds to bring home (not sure on that one). The rest of her blood work came back normal so they're calling it a doggie flu. Thank you all so much for the good thoughts, we really appreciate them.

My poor girl got so sick last night :(

She started throwing up around 7'ish and pretty much didn't stop. She has diarrhea and wouldn't eat breakfast, she also wasn't drinking anything. We took her into the vet and she's still there right now. They did some blood work and she has an IV in since she was getting dehydrated from not drinking.

I don't know what is wrong with her, but gosh I hope it's nothing serious. :'(

I wanted to go to the Potomac sooo badly, but I stopped home first and she was just laying on the floor, my mom said that she called to tell them we were on our way and we took her in around 12:30 *sigh* I'm glad I came home instead of just going straight out to Frederick.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Re: Abby is at the vet :(

Poor Abby. Feel better soon, girl.

Sorry you guys didn't get to go to the Potomac.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts

Poor Abby. I hope it's nothing serious. Sending good thoughts and big (((HUGS))) for her.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Our vet just called and they're going to take her IV out around 3:30 (it's a little after 3 right now), then they're going to give her a little bit of food and some water and as long as she holds that down she can come home!!!

Her blood tests didn't show anything abnormal, and they don't think she has an obstruction or bloat or anything like that. His exact words are "there's a virus going around in the area". I sure hope that's all it is. I feel so bad for my sweet girl :(

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I'm sitting here thinking, and I realized that Abby is a picky eater. If they give her the food they have there she may not eat it anyway :\

Maybe I should take some of her food up to them to try and give her.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh no Stace, just seeing this now. :'( I hope it's nothing.
This is getting so frustrating with all these dogs getting sick. :(

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Hope Abby is feeling better soon!!! Darn those lab tummies!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts