Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday was the first hunt test of the season for us. Abby got her last intermediate pass in NAHRA. She is now a WR (working retriever) So now she will run with the big dogs.....senior. :D I see lots of training ahead. :)

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Nicole, it is similar to HRC. We run AKC hunt tests also. In NAHRA, the Started pass (you need 4 for a title) is 3 single land & two single water marks , it is basically a marking test, the dogs must retrieve the duck & bring it back.
They added a Hunter class last year, which was a step between Started & Intermediate. Hunter is a double land & double water mark plus a trail. Intermediate is double land marks, double water, upland, two blinds, land & water & a trail. The dog also needs to heel, off leash, to the line & have line manners.

It is similar to AKC except there is no upland or trail in AKC that we have been in.

For the master test the marks are triples & a further distance, plus 2 blinds, land & water. The upland requires a sit to the flush when quartering. So the fun continues. I enjoy the hunt tests no matter who is putting them on. :)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Congratulations Georgie and Abby. I am sure you've put a lot of hard work into your training. It is so nice to hear about your success. Pat

·
Registered
806 Posts
Nicole, it is similar to HRC. We run AKC hunt tests also. In NAHRA, the Started pass (you need 4 for a title) is 3 single land & two single water marks , it is basically a marking test, the dogs must retrieve the duck & bring it back.
They added a Hunter class last year, which was a step between Started & Intermediate. Hunter is a double land & double water mark plus a trail. Intermediate is double land marks, double water, upland, two blinds, land & water & a trail. The dog also needs to heel, off leash, to the line & have line manners.

It is similar to AKC except there is no upland or trail in AKC that we have been in.

For the master test the marks are triples & a further distance, plus 2 blinds, land & water. The upland requires a sit to the flush when quartering. So the fun continues. I enjoy the hunt tests no matter who is putting them on. :)
Thanks for the explanation! It's interesting that they take different aspects of hunting and roll it into one test...sounds like fun! Congrats again :)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Congratulations!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts