Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They must forbid some people to have pet's! :(

This cutie leave's her self for a walk many time's, and then just end up with us at the area where you can leave you're dog of the leash in the park. And there many time's before she actualy ends up with the pet rescue! :-\

But this time, nobody wanted to call the pet rescue any more, and i dont have a mobile phone, so at last i ended up with her, because she was stalking us (me and Laika), so i've bringed Laika home, and went back for that cutie, and did a new walk for a half hour (she was already more then a hour in the park on her own!) with her, and after that the owner show's up, and told me that she even didnt reconized her own dog! :eek:

Oh yeah! .. they've were thinking that the dog was some where sleeping in the house! ???

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kassabella said:
What a cutie.

How could you not recognise your own dog? she has a distinctive collar as well.
Yes, a verry nice collar, even with the dog's name (Shiva) on it, and the owners his/her phonenumber, actually they could remove that number, because no one ever answers the phone! :-X

And i'am guessing that they've also beat(ed) her, because when i've called her name, she's going to lay down on the grass with her tail between her leg's ... but this time she gets a dog-cookie instead of beating her! ;D

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
So they leave the dog in the park alone and drive off? have you contacted animal control and/or your local dog warden?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trickster said:
So they leave the dog in the park alone and drive off? have you contacted animal control and/or your local dog warden?
No, those people live in the neighbourhood of that park, and the dog escape's from their property, but if the dog is wel feed, and looks healthy they actually dont do any thing over here :-X

We've called last time the animal rescue, and they wont even come over to take a look :-\

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
SAD.... very sad indeed...... she is a beautiful girl !! I would love to have her...... the owners are not responsible pet owners... they must not love her very much......

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
That is sad - she is a beautiful girl!

Many people that live in the area I live in let their dogs run free. :( I see them running around in the street. We live in a quiet country setting but our road is used as a cut through and therefore is very busy. People speed really bad and it is curvy and hilly also which makes it even worse. What is especially bad is one of the county animal control officers lives down the street and can't/won't do anything about it. :mad:

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
kassabella said:
What a cutie.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. So sad...she is a beautiful dog and so sad that she has no one who really loves her the way she deserves.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
myfavoritedog said:
kassabella said:
What a cutie.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. So sad...she is a beautiful dog and so sad that she has no one who really loves her the way she deserves.
Yes, iam also thinking its a weird thing ...

But the first thing the girl said to me thats she realy didnt recognise her own dog :mad:

And it is truely a cutie, full of energy, and she listens well, i have her on the leash for 30 minutes, and it wasnt any problem, she just walked as a good dog beside me :)

I've asked also if the dog has a chip, but the poor thing doenst have it, so i gues the next time i see her walking alone, i take her with me for good :-\

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
No, those people live in the neighbourhood of that park, and the dog escape's from their property, but if the dog is wel feed, and looks healthy they actually dont do any thing over here
Ah ok, I understand. We actually have the same problem at one of our local parks. Some idiot (or idiots) allow their Border Collie to roam free around the park because their back yard backs onto it. Their backyard is also literally metres from a very fast main road. :mad:

Could you pop a note through their door? they will probably pay no attention but it might be worth a shot. Maybe hint that it is illegal and not mention dangerous to let their dog roam, and also that the local authorities have been alerted. Be polite and keep the letter anonymous...these people need a wakeup call.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, actually an other person has already talked to these people, and they've told him that they've should better their live's ...

But after that talk, it has already bin 3 or 4 time's that the dog has been roaming around in the park, and the authorities already know this dog, but they cant do anything until the current owners say that they dont want that dog any more, until then it's keep you're fingers crossed that the poor Shiva didnt get on the street's and maybe worse, get hit by a car ::)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well, if she doesn't recognize her own dog, I say take the dog, change the collar and you have yourself and great new pet. It is already trained and you don't have to worry about it getting hit by a car. You wonder if she will even look for it?? We had a roaming dog in our neighborhood and we would return the dog to it's owner over and over. They just didn't "get it". Finally I had enough and called animal control. Maybe if they pay a fine they will figure out that they need to keep control of their dog like everyone else. I got tired of it messing up my yard and jumping in my pond (it was a lab). I don't know if they cared enough to go pick it up?? So sad!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gues what ...

That Labrador did show up again this evening, and yes again whitout any owner whit her :-\

Now an other person is returning her, with the message that this is the last time we take her home, call the pet rescue, or do any thing at all :-\

Next time she's going to be a keeper, and we wont return her any more, because all the people on the "dog-field" are getting so sick, of always calling the pet rescue, the owners or take her with them, it isnt any normal any more :-\

And it make's me so sad, because it is such a lovely dog to see, and to have i gues! ;)

·
Registered
745 Posts
I think Laika would like a new chocolate sister next time! ;) :) You have my full support in keeping her after reading the story. Some people don't deserve the honor of having a dog.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts