Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing 80. He shot past me doing at least 150-200. It was like I was standing still. I had a bad feeling when he shot past me and sure enough a half mile down the road.....

There was a young girl riding with him on her own CR. I'm assuming his girlfriend, but who knows. She has to live with it also now. :(

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I feel so bad for the family and loved ones he left behind. Thank God she didn't die as well. He didn't take anyone with him, did he? Another vehicle or innocent bystanders?

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Crap, will they never learn! Nothing will save you, no helmet, no gear, when your just being stupid!! DS and I drove past a fatality yesterday involving and SUV and a motorcycle! I will bet when its reported in the paper, that speed, alcohol or both were involved:mad:

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not that I saw Jackie. I got off on the next exit rather than go by it.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
They nearly always do. :mad:
Irresponsible motorcyclists make me crazy. We had one rip by us in our subdivision the other day - we were doing 50, he must have been doing 100. Where are the cops when you need them/want them to be there?

As a side note, I lost someone who was my best friend to a driver (IN A CAR) who chose to end his life by driving off a winding hill top road in Germany. He happened to take my friend Thomas with him (who was on his motorcycle), two days before he was to take over running the family hotel.

·
Banned
2,041 Posts
Those pos bikes are a pet peeve with me . Almost everyone that drives those , drive crazy as hell an think its cute when they come flying past you . Its totally amazeing there arnt more deaths from them .

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Around Topeka, most of the ♂ motorcyclists ride Harleys (or equivalents) and have enough gray hair on their heads (or arms, chests, or backs) to be >50 years old. I rarely if ever see them doing crazy things except polluting the air with their noisey engines. Same with the mature adults riding Hondas (which are much quieter) and IF I rode a motorcycle, it would be a Honda.

The younger ♂ (say 18-27 y.o.) who are riding Kawasakis (or equivalents) are much more likely to be the ones who suddenly make noisey accelerations, zip in and out of lanes, do wheelies, etc., as they compete for Darwin awards.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exactly Bob and their families and innocent people they run into, pay for it. I grew up in a biker family and the bikers I see today scare me.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
So sad. :( MOST motorcyclists are morons and drive like maniacs.
I think you meant to say most motorists are morons. We have seven motorcycle fatalities this year in our county. 3 of 7 were another driver(car) turned left in front of a motorcycle. 1 motorcyclist hit a deer, 2 were inexperienced driver crashes and one was speed related.

The roads aren't safe at all regardless of the mode transportation. Next time you drive down the road count the cell phones to the ears and the texting.

Bob P you are right about the 50 year olds on the harleys. This is the new generation of "biker". Alot of these older guys are new to the sport of motorcycling and lack the experience despite their age.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
So sad. :( MOST motorcyclists are morons and drive like maniacs.
that is quite a mouthful of stereotype. the majority of motorcyclists i see on the roads wear the proper gear and obey the law. as with anything there are exceptions and i see the occasional jackass. i see many more drivers of cars, SUVs and pickups that drive irresponsibly.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
that is quite a mouthful of stereotype. the majority of motorcyclists i see on the roads wear the proper gear and obey the law. as with anything there are exceptions and i see the occasional jackass. i see many more drivers of cars, SUVs and pickups that drive irresponsibly.
I agree Kelli, the accident I mentioned earlier in this thread was exactly what I expected- the guy driving the SUV pulled out in front of the motorcycle- The motorcyclist had no chance to stop, He died. The driver in the SUV was 21, arrested by OSP for manslaughter and DUII! So many lives ruined in one stupid stupid move!!!:mad:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
That is so sad. :(

He wasn't wearing a helmet, I guess?

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes he was, Amy. It's mandatory in MI. When you're going that fast, you could be wearing full body armor and it wouldn't help.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts