Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He has a test tomorrow in Social Studies on slavery. He had about 35 flash cards to go through and he knew them all.
After calling all of them to him, I thought I would ask him a few questions. My first question was, "Was slavery bad or good?" He tried to give me the book answer, but I wanted to know what he was thinking. He said, "no its very bad." Then I asked why/how come? He said "its not fair that another human should own any other human being." I said "how come?" He said "mom how would you feel if someone came in and took me and Christopher and made them do all the work at their house. We wouldnt be able to see you guys at all. We would belong to them." Then I said, "but buddy, if there were still slaves today, you wouldnt have to do anything. No cleaning your room, no feeding and watering the dogs, no chores at all! You could be out with your friends everyday all day playing." His response was "mom, theres no way that I could let someone else do the things I am supposed to do. Slavery was completely wrong. I would not leave someone else here to do the things I am to do." He gave me all the right answers for the test....both mine and the school. ;D

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
What a great little guy! Hope his school test goes just as well as the one Mom gave him ;)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Good kid you raised there, Rachel! I'm proud of him, too. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts