Just Labradors banner

A special announcement

1K views 52 replies 51 participants last post by  blacklabparent 
#1 ·
After sixteen years together Dukesmom and I were officially married on March 21st. Why just now you may ask. Eons ago we entered into a mutual living trust that combined all of our assets. That document is about three inches thick secured our finances more than any married couple so we never saw the need to actually get married.
This year we needed an actual marriage license to effect some health insurance coverages for the future so we decided now was the time.
I created this web page to send out to our families. Liz's sister and BIL traveled down from Seattle to be out witnesses.
http://home.flash.net/~jdebess/Announcement.html

#6 ·
Congrats John. :) I really like this. Much better than the traditional wedding vows:

Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter to the other.
Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to each other.
Now you will feel no loneliness, for you will be a companion to the other.
Now you are two bodies, but there is only one life before you. Go now to
your dwelling place, to enter the days of your life together. And may your
days be good, and long upon the earth.

#16 ·
Congratulations. Is there going to be a honeymoon?
LOL. Oh Yeah. I should have added this to the announcement,
"After the wedding in Lake Tahoe the couple left for an extended honeymoon in Houston Tx." :D

That reminded of a wedding announcment from my first marriage in the 70's. We went for a honeymoon in Taos New Mexico. The small hometown paper that published the announcement evidently thought we had made a spelling error so it appeared in the newspaper as Tacos New Mexico.:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.