Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,we just got our dog yesturday and when we went to get her I was thinking she wasen't a pure bred lab.We was told the mother is a chocolate lab and the father is a yellow lab and I seen the parents(mind you we know nothing about labs).Her coat has light brown and dark brown markings and she also has white tipped toes on her back feet.The mother and the father are not papered and I guess they was just put together??She is six or seven months old from what they told us.Is there a way to tell if she is lab or a lab mix???

Attachments

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Im sorry but someone has told you a lie she doesnt look at all lab to me she could well be a cross. Labs come in 3 colours...choc, yellow and black. Some are born with markings but not like that. Im sure you will love her all the same though

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im sorry but someone has told you a lie she doesnt look at all lab to me she could well be a cross. Labs come in 3 colours...choc, yellow and black. Some are born with markings but not like that. Im sure you will love her all the same though
I kind of figured as much.Just guessing, I say she is a mix with a bulldog.She is cool tho we like her.I will be doing my home work and buying me a lab.My mind was already made up before we got her,we was told what they couldn't get rid of would be shot.Thanks for the help....

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
My chocolate, when I first got him at 7, had brindled markings kind of like that, but his was just a crappy diet and dead hair....He looks much better now, but still gets "highlights" in the summer time...Ours is 100% lab with papers....

Yours is gorgeous whatever he is....I wouldnt say bulldog...but there is a brindle look to him..

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I wouldn't say that she doesn't look at all like a lab - but she definitely looks like a mix - it might be easier to tell with a better picture, and maybe when she is a little older. Also looks much younger than 6 or 7 months unless it's just the picture - try to post some different pictures

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Also looks much younger than 6 or 7 months unless it's just the picture - try to post some different pictures
My thoughts exactly.

I *think* it is possible for a lab to have a brindled coat. Labby? Anyone?? Having said that, my guess is that your little one is mixed with something. Doesn't make her any less adorable, though. :)

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
If that dog is 7 months old, its pretty small for a lab, IMHO.
Nose color?? The color of the dog is closer to 'red fox' than chocolate, IMHO. Nose should be black, black around eyes, and mouth. Dudley??? but he nose color is still wrong.

Oh! Well! No matter, it is a cute dog, but I think selling it as a Lab is an outright lie.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Mix or pure... she is adorable & I am sure you'll love. She looks like she might be at least some lab.

I agree, she does not look to be 6-7 months old. As for the coat, it could be poor diet. When I got Lexi (she is a rescue) her coat was horrible because she was mid-blow & due to lousy diet.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Definitely not a purebred Lab ... absolutely adorable though.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Your pup is so cute. looks like a lab mix, he/she does look a little small for 7 mo. My lab is 7 mo and she wieghs about 50 lbs. You will love your pup regardless of what kind of dog she is. Give her lots and lots of love. Look forward to more pic's

p.s. if you are really curious as to what kind of dog she is petco or online stores sell DNA test kits to determine the breeds of your mix pup. I have heard mixed reviews about how accurate they are. Google Canine Heritage and it will explain how they work.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Very cute little girl. I doubt she is 7 months old though. At 7 months both Coco and Abbey were well over 50 lbs. Abbey's mother was yellow and the sire is chocolate. The pups were all either yellow or black. Coco's parents are both chocolate. Both of our labs are AKC registered with line documentation back 5 and 6 generations.

Whatever breed her parents are she really has a sweet face; work with her and she will be a wonderful addition to your family. Welcome to the JL board and be sure to post more pictures!! We love pictures. :)

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
That def makes sense now. Whats your pup's name? Good Luck, I am sure you will have many years of happiness together:)

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
I take back everything that I said.
Nose color is different in each picture, at least one of them has what I think is the typical liver color of a chocolate lab. Fur color also varies, and in my amateur opinion, too young to evaluate head shape.
Doesn't matter though. You have a cute pup that will make you happy for years to come.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I take back everything that I said.
Nose color is different in each picture, at least one of them has what I think is the typical liver color of a chocolate lab. Fur color also varies, and in my amateur opinion, too young to evaluate head shape.
Doesn't matter though. You have a cute pup that will make you happy for years to come.
Thanks. We will give it a while and re-evaluate. And yes we will love her for years to come. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
we was told what they couldn't get rid of would be shot.
Are you JOKING?! How many were left when you picked up Daisy? Please call animal control and report those assholes pronto. Hopefully Daisy's mother and father will be taken from them.

Holy crap I am pissed.

Daisy is adorable though. Please read everything you can, crate her when you can't supervise, feed her a good quality food, and love her for many, many years.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts