Just Labradors banner

How often do you wear mascara?

• Never

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • All the time

Votes: 21 28.8%
  • Not at home, but whenever I'm out (work, etc)

Votes: 21 28.8%
  • Only for "special occasions"

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Other (plase explain

Votes: 3 4.1%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just about decided that I like my eyes better without mascara, but I don't want to feel too old.... So - for women (mostly I guess), what are your mascara wearing habits?

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Mascara is a must for me. I typically use the Kiss Me "tube" mascara by blinc, but I also like the new lash blast. My old standby is Maybelline Great Lash. Concealer under the eyes, mascara & lip gloss & I am good to go. =)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
the older i get the longer it takes to get ready in the morning, but i only wear mascara and eye shadow when i go out somewhere-otherwise it is just a little blush so no one mistakes me for dead.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Mascara: Always. Even if I'm too sleepy-eyed to apply it.
And some lip gloss...
Always a dab of blush...

Smurf the rest of it on Saturday or Sunday. 'Cept some blush. And lip gloss... and mascara...

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I've actually had people ask me if I am sick when I have skipped makeup. I am very, very white. Very. With no lipstick, eye shadow and mascara I look ill.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
none for me any more. my eyes are always itching and i am always rubbing them so i'd look like a raccoon. i do wear it if i have to get dolled up for something; but that is rare. i use compressed powder/makeup combo, blush and lipstick and i'm done.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
I never wear the stuff I get all gunky and itchy if I do. So when I want to look extra nice (ha) I apply a tiny bit of vasline to my lashes with a eyebrow comb. I have dark hair and eyes so it works for me

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I have blond eyelashes, so mascara is a must for me :) I don't wear a lot, just enough to make my lashes dark.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Wear it every day during the week. Don't wear any at home. I have short, sparse lashes, so my eyes look weird if I don't wear any--like I don't have lashes at all.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I don't wear much make-up at all, but mascara and eye shadow pretty much always- blush in the winter, none in the summer, if we have a summer! Even with dark eye lashes, I look very tired with out a little mascara and color on my eyes-and as I age its even worse:(

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
I'm not a big make-up person any more. Most of the time I don't wear any makeup at all, but on occasion I'll wear eye shadow and mascara.

I'm not a big fan of lip gloss because most of it has a weird taste and is too sticky. I'm a Burts Bees fan :)

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Justine, some glosses aren't sticky. I am with you, I hate, hate sticky. My favourite is a sheer lipstick/gloss hybrid by Clinique (MAC makes a nice one too) called buttershine. Shiny (but not gloopy) with no sticky. Almost Lipstick is very nice too.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Mascara is the one thing I always wear. I have puny invisible lashes without it. If there's no time to make up my face, there's always time for mascara!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i only wear it for special ocassions. i wear the highlight kind that has a side for black mascara and then a gold side to highlight the tips. it is great for my brown eyes.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Mascara is the one thing I always wear. I have puny invisible lashes without it. If there's no time to make up my face, there's always time for mascara!
Same here! I wear mascara every single day. I'm obsessed with having longer lashes. If I was on Survivor it would be my luxury item.

Sad but true. :eek:

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I need mascara to make my long but sparse lashes visible. I wear a thin coat of waterproof, and I curl my lashes. None on weekends, though, unless we go out to dinner, which is rare.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
I wear it every day. I have long eyelashes and could get by without it but I think it just looks finished to wear it. Luckily I have never had any allergies to any except Mary Kay's. :eek:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts