Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, it has been forever since I posted here but I am so excited, I finally have a Lab baby to post about :D .
My house is finally fin ished being built, I am all moved in, and I adopted a little black female Lab mix from my local SPCA this Saturday. She is between 4 and 6 months old per the shelter staff (I would put her closer to the 6 month mark) and looks like she is mostly Lab, but she seems kind of small to me, weighing 32 pounds right now. We are going to call her Star. I will post pics as soon as I can, I didn't bring my camera to the shelter because I walked in with no expectation of bringing anything home with me, but there was Star just waiting for me. I had to leave her at the shelter until she is spayed, so it will be a few days before I can pick her up and get some pictures. She has big brown eyes and is a a really glossy black coat. She seems to have some basic obedience training because she was sitting for me at the shelter. She even sat when my 5 year old told her to. I am so excited, a lot nervous, it has been years since I had a puppy, but still very excited. I have the crate set up, chew toys ready to go, brushes, nail clippers, food and water bowls, I hope everything is ready. Please send good thoughts and prayers for her spay to go well. Hopefully the vet will confirm her age for me.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Congratulations to you and to Star. Bless you for giving her a forever home. Can't wait to see the pictures. She sounds beautiful. Good thoughts for her surgery and a quick recovery so she can recouperate in her new home and settle in with the family.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wonderful! Kudos for adopting a shelter pet! Remember - sing the praise of shelter adoptions...those of us who have gone that route need to be cheerleaders for recycling love!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Congratulations! Can't wait to meet Star! :)

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
How exciting!!! Congrats. We will be anxiously waiting for your pics of this darling Star. And a big thank you for adopting a shelter dog. I can't wait to hear stories about her adventures as she grows.:)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got a call from the shelter and Star will be going in to be spayed on Wendsday morning, so if all goes well she will be coming home tomorrow afternoon! I am so excited. I will post pics soon!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts