Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a sympathy card today from my vet with some Forget Me Not seeds to plant in the spring in memory of Mira. And best of all, they put an impression of her paw print on the inside of the card. Happy and sad tears!

I want to thank everyone for their kind words you posted recently - they meant a lot to me.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
That is very sweet, though also sad.

My vet sent a sympathy card when we lost Sherman, it was signed by literally everyone at the practice, and I started bawling all over again before I even opened it. But I'm glad they sent it.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
What a thoughtful gesture from your vet. I have a clay paw print of my first lab Casey...I cherish it. Mira will always be in your heart

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I think it is an extremely thoughtful gesture. Many vet practices have adopted the practice of making personal acknowledgment of a pet's passing. Mine does.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
When we put Beau down they sent the rainbow bridge card. I love the not gone just gone ahead, so true I know he's waiting for me. I'd like to think there's one big Lab Fest going on up in heaven.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Your vet is very thoughtful. Ours sent a card when our Dalmatian died. It meant a great deal.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Oh my goodness. What a wonderful, thoughtful vet you have. That is beautiful. And I love the added gift of forget-me-not seeds. I got some this year that I am going to plant for Crash. I always wanted them for his garden.

Hope you are doing OK. I'm glad you posted this.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
That was a very sweet gesture. When my beagle , Callie , went to the bridge, my vet made a donation in her name to the state Vet School, it meant so much to me too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts