Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 6 weeks ago, unbeknownst to me, DH began reducing Flynnie's epi meds. He's on pheno and Kbr, minimal doses. When I discovered this, at first I was furious! Even though the meds make Flynn hyper-excitable and somewhat out of control I would never have dreamed of altering the dosage. DH cut it in half, eventually eliminating the Kbr altogether.

The result? No seizures in six weeks, a calmer and much more compliant boy, showing easy affection like he never did before, the glassy/glazed look in his eyes has disappeared, he's trimmed up considerably (the Kbr is SALT), and just all-in-all a more pulled together boy. I am over the moon with this outcome and I let DH know it.

The change was so subtle at first but when I asked if DH noticed a difference in Flynn's behaviour he agreed. That's when he told me what he had done.

Thought I'd share that with those who have read so many of Flynn's episodes.

:)

·
Registered
453 Posts
I am so glad to hear that Flynn is doing better long may it continue it must be a great relief to you I will keep him in my prayers.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
That's wonderful Nance! I hope Flynn continues to do well!

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
I hope that continues...that is wonderful! Sounds like something my DH would do. And oh yea. I'd initially want to kill him also. :laugh:

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Wow!! A more compliant Flynn... I hope his inner rogue remains LOL

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
theoconbrio said:
We DHs think of it as being "scientists." :D
LMAO! Men.

So glad to hear he's doing better on lower doses Nance!! Good for all of you :)

C

·
0 Posts
That's great, Nance! Paws crossed that Flynn will continue to do well on less meds.

P.S.
I'm also hoping he'll keep just a bit (a tiny bit) of his inner rogue. ;)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I'm glad to hear that he is doing well. We have our fingers and paws crossed for Our Man Flynn and his continued good health.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts