Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I don't jinks anything with this post, but I just had to tell my lab friends how well my rogue is doing these days.

As a reminder to some, we began reducing his epilepsy meds at the beginning of March, ultimately reducing his pheno dose by half and completely eliminating the potassium bromide. If he passes the 49 day mark it will be a new record for him to be seizure free. Today is day 40 with no events. :)

The best part is to witness the 180* turnabout in personality! He is focused, he is calm (who ever would have thought?!?), he is affectionate to beat the band, he has stopped the incessant pacing, and he is no longer frantic to escape out the front door with me when I go out. I can tell him "crate up", give him his cookie, tell him to stay and that good boy does just that. Never could get him to stay crated like that before.

His play is still exuberant and highly athletic, however, the "out-of-control" wildness has subsided. He is now so pulled-together that I've kind of let the jumping business slide for now. Even that is not at the berserk levels it was before.

We are fully aware that it will take many more months to see if he will remain stabilized at this level of dosage, but we are mightily encouraged at this point.

Thanks for reading, guys. I know this may be a bit of a repeat for some of you. I'm just so happy for Flynnie today I had to post about him.

:)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh Nance, you don't know how happy this makes me!!!! ;D ;D
WAY TO GO FLYNNIE!!! :-* :-*

Prayers that he'll stay seizure free Nance. :angel:

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Oh Nance, my prayers are with you and Our Man Flynn. Lord, please let this be the turning point for him!

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Nance I am so pleased Flynns meds are working. Sorry he has to have them poor wee guy.
I hope he continues to be seizure free.

I don't think you are repeating yourself. I love hearing about Flynn.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
What a great update. I'm so glad that Flynn is doing really well on his new dose of meds ;D

Gus has been seizure free for over 2 months now as well (that's probably jinxed things ::) )

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
;D ;D ;D Thanks for letting us know Nance. I often want to ask how Flynn is doing, but am afraid of "jinxing" things. So glad to read this!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Hank sends his best wishes to Flynn. He knows how scary the bad times can be and wishes that Flynn never has to go through that again.

Be well Flynn! And a little smooch for Rusty too :)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Nance, I typing this with a giant smile on my face after mouthing a quiet "Yahoo". I especially loved hearing about his change in personality. Here's hoping that he makes it past 49 days and beyond....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts