Just Labradors banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Through careful scientific observation I propose a new addition to Newton's Theories on Gravity : Mud exerts a strong gravitational pull on Labs.
I have calculated that the gravitational pull of mud extends approximately 50 feet in every direction from a mud hole. If a Lab wonders into that field it will be pulled in and nothing you can say or do can alter the results. The field is so strong it seems to cause temporary deafness that makes the Lab unable to hear your commands to "come back", "stay away", "don't go there", "Noooooooooooo".
It is also a scientific fact that the nastier smelling the mud the stronger the gravitational field.
To avoid the results of the following photo I do advise to keep your Lab at least fifty feet away and upwind of any mud mire, no matter how small it might be.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Funny that you mentioned that, I too agree with your theory. It seems also in our case that mud is attracted to Boo 10X more than Rush. In our entire yard, there could be one tiny mud spot 5"X5" and Boo will be pulled to that spot and once there, said spot will dramatically grow in size in mere seconds. Isn't the science involved with labs amazing? Who would have ever guessed? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Great pict! Seems like I have noticed the gravitational pull of mud on my dogs too!!

2,990 Posts
rayluckgoo said:
Then...they have to get in the car...and then...before you can stop them they are in the house and on the couch or bed (part of Murphy's law I believe).
I think there's another factor to consider, although this may fall into the Murphy's Law category: the muddier/wetter the Lab, the closer they will stand to their human when shaking. :yes: :mad:

Great pic! That is one filthy (and happy!) Lab!

Bev.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Yep! It is a scientific phenomena! Caused by the by the huge material density difference between the mud and the surrounding clean area. Nothing can be done to prevent the dogs from being pulled in.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.