Just Labradors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night my sister found a yellow lab on the street..She was definately someones dog...she looked well fed but was a little under cared for...her nails were very long and she needed a good brushing...She got right into the car and when she checked for tags she only had a rabies tag...So home she came..We called the vet on the tag but she was adopted out through a shelter so they had no record of her new owners...We went to our vet to check for a micro chip and we posted her on craigslist to see if anyone was missing her..My sister and I then drove around the neighborhood where she was found looking for signs, we stopped people on the street, walked up to people's door..hoping to find her family..She is atleast 10 years old and she missed her family...
Well this morning my sister called the vet on the rabies tag back to see if anyone had called in looking for her.....THEY HAD!!! Her father called looking for her...My sister spoke to Cassie's mom and it turns out she lives 3 blocks from where she was found...it seems the oil delivery guy left the gate open and Cassie thought the bunnies were too much fun and she had to follow them...
My sister brought her home and her parents were SOOOOO thankful!! Everyone had a good cry...Even I cried when my sister told me about her homecoming...The wife tried to give my sister a reward but she would not take it..The only thing she asked was that she take the money and buy Cassie and her two brothers name tags for their collars...The couple thought that the rabies tag was enough info...but my sister explained that had she had a tag we would have returned her last night..
So after a very spoiled night at our house Cassie was returned to her home and is getting a new name tag for her collar!!!

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Happy ending to what could have been a tragic nightmare. Thanks for helping her find her owners.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
What a great story...God bless your family for being such good people. I hope hope hope they buy her a tag, or embroidered collar or even better! Get her chipped!Thanks for sharing the story.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts