Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been very little that has caught me off guard about having Tal...mostly things that you just have to experience.

But something occured to me today as I watched him retrieve. I know he is a far cry from the little 10 lb furball I brought home Sept. 1. But no matter how big he gets or how old he is...he will always be that kind hearted little pup. He still has that same sparkle in his eyes...the same kind spirit...and tehre is nothing like his expression when he knows we are about to do something fun.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
That is the one thing I find most endearing about labs. From the time they are little they act like pups....no matter how old they are. Tal will always be your "little boy." They do have a zest for life & a sparkle in their eyes. Guess that's why we love them so much. :)

My girls are always my "baby girls" no matter how old they are. :)

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Yeah, I know what you mean.

Eddie gets a gleem in his eye when he knows we are going to play out back or he is going to get a treat. Fannie gets this big grin on her face and they both stick close to me in case they miss something!

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Yeah, they are puppies forever, at least to the parents. Tal is such a lucky boy, his daddy is so crazy about him! We are all kind of crazy when it comes to our furkids. Rush & Boo can give you such a hopeful look when they know we are about to play B-A-L-L. Oops, I forgot, they know how to spell it. ::) ;D

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
That's sweet, and I know just what you mean. Even though I now weigh less than 10 pounds more than Toby, he'll always be my little boy, and sweet Chamois will always be my baby girl.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Yup-my uncle's choc. lab is pretty old, has lyme's and has a hard time walking, but when you walk in the room and say, "Hey, Tanky!!!" the tail starts wagging and his eyes just twinkle. That's the good stuff!

G

·
Maggie knows when she is going to get to play ball or go for a ride! She spins in circles and jumps for joy. You can see the sheer joy in her whole body! Sometimes it's hard to leave in the morning when we have to tell her "no, we're going to work now, but we'll be back to play in a little while" her ears sag and she puts her head down.

But.......then we come home and it's back to spinning in circles again and jumping for joy.... for all of us! Thank god for the "chuck it" ball launcher!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts