Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to head out the door to a new vet with Gin.

I'll spare you the details, but she was in a small kitchen fire last Tuesday and suffered a few small surface burns and a lot of smoke inhalation. We've been at the vet on and off for IV fluids the last few days, and her foot is seemingly getting worse instead of better. One of her back paws has been blistering and bubbling since then, and I've been doing as my vet instructed and wrapping it once covered in polysporin, but now she's treating her front paw the same. I'm just a mite worried about my Turd, though it doesn't look like the front paw is burned at all. :confused:

I'm very worried for her, they freaked me out about infection, and losing the paw, and skin grafts etc.

I am happy to report that in true Labrador style, after 3 days of not eating and drinking (thus the IV fluids) she ate this morning like a cow!

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Oh my goodness!! Good thoughts all around! Hope Miss Virginia heals quickly!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Oh no! Prayers and good thoughts for Gin, that she heals quickly and completely and is fine very soon.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Good thouhts and prayers for Gin. Hope it all works out the best way.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Lots of good thoughts and prayers, Melissa. So sorry this happy for poor Gin-girl!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Good thoughts and prayers for Miss Gin!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hope everything starts looking up soon....always not a good day when things are are looking worse instead of better...My Luke gets horrific hot spots so I know the fear of infection...prayers and thoughts for your Gin!

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Godo thoughts heading your way for you and Miss Gin.

I know the feeling about the worse-instead-of-better with the rollercoaster of Sherman's (kitty) recent illness. But eating is a good sign!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts