Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else get annoyed with this?...or even see it happen?

I can't stand it when spouses or boyfriends/girlfriends or whatever post on each others' Facebook walls as if that's their only means of communication. It's so annoying! I mean, a passing "hi honey" or "I love you" is fine, but I'm talking about people who are a distance away from each other, and seem to have chosen the Facebook wall as a primary means of communication. The rest of the world gets to hear all of the intimate details of their relationship. It's even worse having both of them on your Facebook list!!! Seriously people, there is still email, and if you must use Facebook there's a private message feature!!!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kaisdad said:
I can't imagine getting so upset, considering it is a social interaction site.
Of course it is. But everyone sees what you write. I just think it's ridiculous to choose that as a primary means of communication with your SU.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
mombear said:
How are you all listed on Facebook? By your real names or your forum names. I don't know anyone's real last name.

and PS Kai's dad, sometimes I don't think you have both oars in the water and you're a smart ass besides :no:
why would you say that? i think cam is extremely intelligent. and he has a witty, albeit sarcastic, sense of humor.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
dweck said:
I have only just joined Facebook, and frankly, I don't *get* it at all......
I've belonged for a while but very rarely go there because I really don't find it all that interesting. I guess I don't *get* it either.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Jinx said:
mombear said:
How are you all listed on Facebook? By your real names or your forum names. I don't know anyone's real last name.

and PS Kai's dad, sometimes I don't think you have both oars in the water and you're a smart ass besides :no:
why would you say that? i think cam is extremely intelligent. and he has a witty, albeit sarcastic, sense of humor.
Awww..I have a fan. How delightful. And for the record, I don't row.

Thanks kelli :-*

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Jinx said:
mombear said:

Yes but a good Smart Ass! Anything that Cam says I would trust over most other people, he knows what he is talking about and does not sugar coat it.

For the facebook friends that post that simply post random ****, just delete them from your friends!

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
I tried to quote that Kelli, but she deleted it before I could snag it. Lost her nerve.

I was just wondering how this little Facebook exchange could bring that on.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Thanks Robert. One correction though...I try to know what I'm talking about before I say anything. It doesn't always work in my favour though.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
mombear said:

Wow, someone had their ***** flakes today. And their wuss flakes, since she edited it out so quickly! Good one, Jinxy!

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
dweck said:
Melissa said:
deleted it before I could snag it.
Foo -- you people are sharp! Lightning quick on the cut/paste button....

Little scary.

Not that the oar/paddle comment wasn't a throat-punch.

But still......
I didn't mean to nail her with it. I had just hit the quote button on her post to ask "Whoa, what brought that on?" and it was already gone. That's all I meant.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Having lived in 14 states, I have friends and aquaintances from all over. Its a great place to find people you once lost touch with. Its also a great way to see pictures of other people and their families. I'd much rather just drop someone a quick "Hi. Thinking of you" on their facebook page than send them an email. Its less intimate and does not put the pressure on them to reply back.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Figalilly said:
Having lived in 14 states, I have friends and aquaintances from all over. Its a great place to find people you once lost touch with. Its also a great way to see pictures of other people and their families. I'd much rather just drop someone a quick "Hi. Thinking of you" on their facebook page than send them an email. Its less intimate and does not put the pressure on them to reply back.
I totally agree with this...it's how I use Facebook too. It's fun to look at pics and get caught up with people. But I see it more as a just for fun, acquaintance type thing...not a medium for intimate communication for everyone to see.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts