Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have this job, that i don't mind but there are two of us and there is only enough work for 1.5 people. so one of us sits around and does nothing.

i got another job, which is part time and i am hoping that this job would let me be part time too and then i would have a full time job.

i just don't know how to ask for this because the guy thinks we have a lot of work. and insists when the new system arrives more work would come. and they've gone and ordered a lot of crap for me like a computer etc.

that's kind of minor to another situation though.

i opened a book that i thought was a manual. it wasn't, it was a bunch of notes on my co-worker, none of them good. i like her a lot and know why she is doing what she is being written about and i feel like i should tell her... but that would be admitting i snooped. it's bugging me.

she cuts down the company a lot, which is because she was offered a raise in feb, and still has not gotten it. they keep coming up with some excuse and where you can get a job at mcdonalds for 11/h the 13/h she is getting is 6 less than she had before the companies changed hands. i was also hired at 13, so its not fair she is still at that rate. and she just isn't being quiet about her displeasure because our manager is doing nothing about the issue - he's actually lying to her about it. so she is mad. but i kinda want to give her a heads up especially if i have to leave (because i am taking the other job no matter what)

·
Registered
578 Posts
I would keep my mouth shut. If you tell her, chances are she won't keep your name out of a potential confrontation with the boss. Your coming upon that information was an accident, you didn't mean to snoop, and telling her to ease your conscience (sp?) is not going to help anybody. Any employee SHOULD know that you don't badmouth your company the way she is doing. She should be taking a more mature, effective approach, and is digging her own hole but you don't need to be getting involved. I would say :-X :-X :-X

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just feel like she should know, yanno.

but, it's making me real uneasy. because the boss is being totally two-faced. he says one thing to her and writes another down. i don't like that. i would like a raise too you know, if i was to stay - but i could work my new part time job and get paid a few hundred per month less and not even worry about this one.

but if we both leave, then the boss is screwed...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts