Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...since I didn't want to wait to get that blue rectangular pool, we went to Wally World yesterday..and bought Dakota the medium sized round pool. I filled it half way..he at first wouldn't go in, I lifted his front paws into it..then his back paws..and he was in. He didn't lay down..but did glub glub in the water..put his whole nose up to his eyes in..and blew bubbles out his nose, it was funny. While he was in it..I said "sit"..his rump started to go down..and wham..it hit the water..and that was it..so funny.
Now here's the brag..about 30 minutes later..we were sitting on the back deck..having a little sun...and I said to Dakota.."go in your pool". I said it twice..and all of a sudden he went down the steps and got into the pool. I was AMAZED..I'd only used the "pool" word, maybe 5 or 6 times from the time we put it down and filled it up. AMAZING..he is one smart dog!!!!!
Jackie ;D

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to say..I am really impressed with Labs..he is my first one..and if we live long enough..will not be my last. Smart ..smart dogs.
Jackie
WeHeartLabs said:
yayyy Dakota! He will grow to love it. What a smart boy!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Way to go, Dakota! Just wait until it really warms up - he'll be bugging you to let him go out and splash in the pool.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree...100%. We always considered Kelly, our other dog, very VERY smart..I think Dakota is going to put her to shame. We never thought we'd have another dog as smart as Kelly. Hahahahaha! We got fooled!!
Jackie :laugh:

Mambo said:
WTG Dakota.I agree I am always shocked to learn how fast they learn. Nothing suprises me anymore.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL..I know..and I think I'm going to have probbbbblllleemmmmms. LOL..every time he goes out..he comes in with muddy wet paws..LOL..and he DOES NOT LIKE getting his legs/paws cleaned off..Oyyyyy..what HAVE I done?? LOLOL!
Hey..it's only floors and rugs..right? LOL
Jackie ;D

AmazonGold said:
Way to go, Dakota! Just wait until it really warms up - he'll be bugging you to let him go out and splash in the pool.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was so excited getting the pool filled up..I forgot to bring my camera out..but I will..either today or tomorrow..it's finally warming up here..in the 70's all week..ahhhhhhhh..Spring has sprung!!
Jackie ;D

Brigettas Mom said:
Good job Dakota!!! You'll have to take a picture of him in the pool!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts