Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly Jasmine, my little girl.

She is constantly on the go, never stops, not in a naughty way, she just wants to be busy ALL the time. Mark is at home a lot at the moment as he is retraining for another career so the dogs have had lots of extra attention and walks as a result. They go on at least 2 if not 3 walks a day which includes, for jasmine, countless retrieves. Mark says he has to pocket the ball and bring it to an end as she would run forever if he didn't.

He gets them home and she is raring to go at something else. I have even noticed recently that she runs in her sleep, it would seem she just can't chillax a little and slow herself down.

She has 2 decent sized meals a day, the boys get one as they run far less, yet she is still tiny in stature, you can't see her ribs but you can feel them if you put your hands on her.

Any suggestions on how to slow her up a bit, like I say she's not naughty,i'm just worried for her is all.

Secondly, those of you with multiple dogs, do you ever just take one out at a time and give them some one on one fussing and lovins? We took just Jed down to the store this afternoon, I only needed a couple of things, whilst I went in Mark stood outside with Jed and when I came out he had a little posse around him of people fussing and petting him saying how lovely he was. He also retrieved a few sticks on the walk back home, he really enjoyed it as he doesn't usually bother as he knows he can never beat Jasmine.

I think I'm going to make an effort to make sure they all get some more mommy time from now on.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Jasmine sounds like my Abbey - alwayyyys on the go and ready to play. Honestly, the only thing that gets her to calm down is if I do something like agility, which works her both mentally and physically. Then she gets a little LESS hyper afterwards. :)

I try to do stuff with them individually every day, when we do our little training sessions or when I take Abbey to agility class. I think they enjoy the one-on-one time :)

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Not sure on the slowing down part. But I do make time for some one on one with each of them. They seem to enjnoy that special time. Hubby does it too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts