Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the pics in MSNBC...animals in the weather...or something like that.

Someone posted a pic of their 2 year old lab. I thought he/she was a bit chunky.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
That poor thing is FAT. Did the owner leave a reply email address or anything??

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jzgrlduff said:
That poor thing is FAT. Did the owner leave a reply email address or anything??
No, the owner didn't. People just post pics of their animals.
I feel bad for the dog...it's only 2 years old! Can you imagine the dog in its later years? :(

(I hope it's not a J/L member's dog. Then I'll reallly get flamed and have to leave the board)

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
WOW :eek: ...the sad thing is that I have seen quite a few fat labs like that at the park. :( It's amazing how easily some labs put on weight. My fatso weighed in at 72 lbs this morning - last time we checked she was 5-7 lbs lighter! Time for a food adjustment again...

·
Registered
21,482 Posts
He's a big boy. And before joining here - I was leading my Clancey boy right down the same aisle. But I've learned a lot over the years, and taken a lot off him.

Sadly last vet visit - they told me to take another 5 off him. Seems he is at an age where the muscle mass converts :eek: poor hungry Clancey man

B

·
0 Posts
Labs like that one are the reason people tell me mine is thin and I need to feed him more. ::) I do like his/her face though, lovely expression :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Imagine how he's gonna feel when he's 10 if he makes it that long he probably won't be able to even walk. Honestly some people just don't know any better and never get the good advice that it isn't healthy for the dog to be that over weight. He looks happy now but I would imagine it won't take long for his joints to start feel the extra weight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts