Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Out There,
I am the author of a new novel entitled A Breed Apart, a paperback from Dell Publishing. Its central character is a highly intelligent dog, a female black Lab. While this book is generally in the mystery genre, it represents a very serious and heavily researched exploration of animal intelligence. As the author, I can't really offer an unbiased opinion on the quality of the story itself, but I can assure you that the treatment of animal behavior throughout the work makes it a worthwhile read for pet owners everywhere. I thank you for taking the time to read this.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Felix, I see your point..., but then I do think Pierre's post is appropriate for a Labrador forum because a Labrador is a 'central character' of his novel. (doG knows we have had a lot worse commercial posts here :eek: ;) )

I looked it up on Amazon and it's there and the cover 'blurb', "A cop with a violent past, a dog with a devastating secret. Both caught in a deadly web of medical intrigue." sounds interesting to me....

Pierre, perhaps you might also cross post your book announcement in our forum's Movie/Book Review section http://forum.justlabradors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

Having been endowed with none of my own, I have always been a admirer of those with creative talent of all kinds; art, photography, writing, etc., of which we have several members here that do have creative talents.
And I wish them all the best. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Judy, thanks for your support. I should have added that my last dog was chocolate Labrador that I dearly loved and dedicated the book to.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I'll read it, Pierre! :) I will also be the first to make a recommendation after I have completed it. :)

Congratulations! Is this your first novel?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much for your interest. This is actually my third book, and it's getting very enthusiastic response, especially from dog owners. My first two books were written under the name of Pierre Ouellette. I sincerely hope you find it entertaining.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts