Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my yearly review today and it was excellent!! Got "exceeds expectations" on alot of stuff. He re-assured me that I'm not going anywhere, that I'll be one of the ones to go down with the ship if - God forbid - anything happens!! Our business is doing surprisingly well at the moment and we're constantly getting new customers and sizes to make on the line.

Of course we probably won't be getting raises this year though. That's fine by me - I still have a job!!! The other company on our property just cut their employees down to 4-1/2 days per week, plus the entire month of February they'll be laid off, PLUS they cutting about 20 more heads today. Yes, I'm thrilled with my job right now!!

A big sigh of relief here. It couldn't have come on a better day.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Yeah Amy, that is great news!!! 8)

I know what you mean about others getting laid off, hours reduced, etc. I am so glad to be working, even if we don't get raises.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am so glad to be working, even if we don't get raises.
Exactly! When he told us in our a.m. meeting yesterday, everyone else moaned and groaned and whined and complained. It was disgusting.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
That's great news. It's comforting to at least know that your job is as secure as it can be in today's climate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts