Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cappy & Remi finally got to meet their new friend Emma yesterday. Dave and Patti Benton (LadyLabtrainer) came up to spend the day with us and brought their Ria and Emma with (of course)

Here's sweet little Emma (Ms. Em) with her new forever daddy, Dave.

Patti and Dave, with me in the background, sending all four dawgs on some land and water retrieves.

Some of the dawgs were a little more impatient than others ...

Ms. Em doing her thing in the water ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/NevadaJim/Emma and Ria/100_2411-5.jpg

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then it was time to dry off, come in to play tug-of-war with Remi's stuffed animals, have a treat (or 2 or 3, etc) and then take a nap ... They did each very well ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/NevadaJim/Emma and Ria/100_2424-5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/NevadaJim/Emma and Ria/P1010214.jpg

If Veronica didn't already have the name "Sweet Emma" in use with her lovely girl, I'd give that name to Ms Em. She is one of the sweetest little Labs I've ever met. She's only been at her forever home for 2 weeks now and you'd think she was born and raised there. She and Ria are great friends and within the first half hour here, Cappy and Remi were in love with her too.

And by the way, she's among the very few Labs I've met who can match Remi for all out speed and enthusiasm for fetching. At 2-1/2 she's going to become quite a duck dawg and maybe even an accomplished Hunt Test competitor.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Awww Jim, they are beautiful. It looks like a good time was had by all. Ms. Em is a real sweet looking girl, she fit right in with the others!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Great photos and story, Jim. All four yellows look wonderful. Welcome to your new forever home, Miss Em!

·
Registered
9 Posts
We had a storm come thru about midnight last night and we discovered Emma doesn't like storms. After about 15 minutes we put her behind us in bed and she went to sleep. This is something we have to work on. Dusty was terribly afraid of storms too. It takes a lot to get them to trust that storms will not hurt them.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Emma is only 2-1/2 whereas Remi is 4-1/2 and still nade very nervous by thunderstorms. She'll seek out a dark corner of a closet or bathroom for her "safe place" to wait it out unless we have her lay at our feet and reassure her. Cappy couldn't care less. I think he knows that thunder means rain and rain means full ponds to swim and hunt in.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Simba, 3.5 yrs. is afraid of storms also. She hears them coming before I do. Funny how they can be so bold and unafriad of some stuff and then thunder comes rolling in and BAM, cowards. You feel so bad for them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts