Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of pure muscle. That is how the vet described Rory today. She commented on his rippling leg muscles and said there was not an ounce of fat on him! Our 1.5 mile a day walks are really working off the weight he put on while I was pregnant and not walking him as much. Riri is 107 lbs and still has a couple pounds to loose. The vet said he looked good and has gained muscle but still could trim up more. But both boys are benefiting from the increased walks (which I tell you is not easy to do with a heavy baby in a front carrier).

Here is Rio on his way to the new dog park with swimming poind

Here is Rory

and heres one for the ladies

·
Registered
313 Posts
Re: 98.2 pounds

Wow, that is a big dog!!! Toby was 70 lbs at his last checkup, and the vet said he shouldn't go above 75.

I remember those front carryin' baby days! Oh my back hurts just thinking about it!!! But now the babies are too old to pick up, so I'm envious of you.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

bump for dogmom Nicki

·
Registered
6,788 Posts

Way to go. :)

Katy- have you checked out wraps for the baby?? I know some women swear by the Maya Wrap. My friend used a wrap for her dd until her dd was 3!

·
Registered
479 Posts

Good Grief Katy!!!!!! 107 pounds!!!! That boy must eat bon bons and watch soap operas all day.
Time to get him on the treadmill. :)

I am going to be in Phoenix (actually Scottsdale) this weekend with the Phoenix Police K-9 trials at the Scottsdale stadium. Carl has some business and I am working the GSD rescue booth. Try to come by. I would love to see the baby. And you of course.

Seriously though, try putting a doggie back pack on Rio with bottles of water and he may lose the weight. He is just an "easy keeper" and will have to expend more energy than Rory to lose weight.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Aim said:
Way to go. :)

Katy- have you checked out wraps for the baby?? I know some women swear by the Maya Wrap. My friend used a wrap for her dd until her dd was 3!
Yep! I love my Maya wrap. I also have an ergo. I use the Ergo for the walks and the Maya for household chores. Adam is always held or worn.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

dogmom said:
Good Grief Katy!!!!!! 107 pounds!!!! That boy must eat bon bons and watch soap operas all day.
Time to get him on the treadmill. :)

I am going to be in Phoenix (actually Scottsdale) this weekend with the Phoenix Police K-9 trials at the Scottsdale stadium. Carl has some business and I am working the GSD rescue booth. Try to come by. I would love to see the baby. And you of course.

Seriously though, try putting a doggie back pack on Rio with bottles of water and he may lose the weight. He is just an "easy keeper" and will have to expend more energy than Rory to lose weight.
That is a good idea about the back pack. Since he has gone on his diet and exersise plan he has actually gained a couple pounds. The vet said she thinks its muscle. But he does have weight to lose. He gets 3 cups of kibble a day and no snacks except the occasional baby carrot. We will add an evening walk to our schedule too. I want to get his weight off before it gets too hot to walk during the daylight hours.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts

rorybaby said:
Our 1.5 mile a day walks are really working off the weight he put on while I was pregnant and not walking him as much.
hehe, your pup put on "sympath weight" during your pregnancy. Thats how its gunna be in my house. Its gunna be like, "screw it, I'm gaining weight, your all goin down with me!" lol I'm glad to hear he's losing weight though. hehe

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL! Thats David Hasselhoff!

ETA- I thought you meant DH for Dear Husband. LOL. Sorry for the PM explaining. My bad!

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
rorybaby said:
LOL! Thats David Hasselhoff!

ETA- I thought you meant DH for Dear Husband. LOL. Sorry for the PM explaining. My bad!
Aparently that poster of him is now quite the collectors item.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts