Just Labradors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of the projects I work on is scheduled to be featured this Sunday on 60 Minutes. I encourage any of you who has the time, to watch it. It's really quite amazing. It's a new type of prosthetic arm. For some people, it will change their lives.

Here is a sneak peak video clip...

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4931961n

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes - I work for DEKA, Dean Kamen's Research & Development firm. I'm the Software Release Engineer, which means I build and control the software that goes into the products.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Awesome! One of my step-granddaughters was born with her right arm ending just below the elbow. She refuses to wear the types of prosthesis available to her now, because they are clunky and unwieldy. At 12 years old, Addy is becoming more self-conscious about not having a right hand, because she is very interested in boys. This would be such a blessing to her, and everyone else who is missing all or part of an arm!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all of you who watched! It is going to make such a difference for some people. I'm proud to work for a company like this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.