Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been able to ride since mid-January. It's been way too cold. And icy. The last time I was going to ride, I went to open the gates to the back pasture and slipped on the ice and fell, hurting my wrist. Most of the snow is melting away and now we're in mud season. First I rode Lady a bit, then I put my tack on Toby, who I haven't ridden since September or October. The butthead needs to re-learn how to stand next to the mounting block quietly, so I'll work on that from the ground.

All in all, he behaved himself and we had a good ride.

Since he hadn't been ridden, his bridle path was overgrown, so I trimmed that down.

Before:

After:

After our ride with his mane groomed

His tail groomed

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
WOW, I didn't realize it's been so long since he's been ridden. So other than the mounting block, he was good to go? He didn't forget anything?

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW, I didn't realize it's been so long since he's been ridden. So other than the mounting block, he was good to go? He didn't forget anything?
Bonnie's DIL rode him with my permission over Thanksgiving. He was pretty good. I worked him in the round pen before I got on his back and he did pretty good. We worked on our neck-reining and one reined stops along with giving to leg pressure.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad it went OK.
Are you still planning to move him soon?
(Or did I miss the move? But you said you rode Lady first, so that implies you're still at Bonny's...)
He'll be moved as soon as the Coggin results come back. It's been a week since he had blood drawn and it usually takes 10 days to 2 weeks for the results.

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
An indoor arena???? Oh Laura that is GREAT!! I know it isn't as fun as riding outside, but now you can ride no matter WHAT the weather!!! I'm excited for you! You probably mentioned it before and I missed it.:redface:

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Indoor Arena... Moving on up... to the big time... to a deluxe stall in the sky... moving on up... to the big time, you finally got a piece of the pie!!!

I'm jealous ;)

sounds like you had a great ride. I thought about riding today... it was 80 degrees here, but I was cleaning up at the pool and burning yard debris instead.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Our weather is whacked, 66 an absolutely gorgeous on Sat. woke up to snow on the ground today WTH is up with that:pout:
Its called karma. Didn't you post a few weeks ago about how great your weather was while we were freezing to death? Ours turns nice, your sucks . . . karma. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.