Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw on the news that 4 women were fired for gossiping about a couple at their jobsite having an extramarital affair. makes you think twice about what you say around the water cooler. my husband wanted to know if the couple having the affair got fired as well. just a conversation starter.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Unreal. I'd love to know if they were fired too, I mean, if the penalty for gossiping is that harsh, I can't imagine what the penalty for inappropriate sexual behavior in the office is...

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
If the affair really happened then it's a sad state that you get fired for speaking the truth and elected for lying.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
I saw on Good Morning America that the affair was just a rumor, it wasn't true. But I think they should have been given a warning instead of fired, given that between the four of them they had nearly 50 years of employment with the city (I think they worked for a city). I believe if a worker has a fair amount of history with the employer and has been a good employee, then they are owed a warning, unless the offense is something like stealing. Give them a chance to change their behaviour.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts