Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was heading out yesterday to return a blind for Lanna's new room (we've been getting a new room ready for her so Tyler can move into the nursery when he's born)...anyhoo, fell down the steps going outside and sprained my foot quite badly! Luckily I didn't land on my abdomen or anywhere near it at all, however, had to be x-rayed twice yesterday at urgent care, and after 6 1/2 hours there, came home with a tensor and crutches. I have a bad sprain on the outside of my left foot. I'm thankful that everything's ok with the little one but being on crutches at 38 weeks sucks! I can't really take care of Lanna by myself but I have family members helping me out. They are awesome. I'm so ready to have this baby!

·
Registered
830 Posts
OMG, Thank god you are ok! And Thank God you have family around to help. What a nightmare this must be for you. I hope that your ankle isn't giving you too much pain.
Maybe the pain of delivery will take away the pain in your ankle?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
crap becca.. maybe you should sit still from now until the beebee gets here =)

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Time for foot up and let others take over for now! Crap on the timing, but maybe it will let you get a little rest before the new "wee" one comes!! Take care- Di

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Thank God you and the baby are okay! Please, sit down, relax, let others take over as much as possible. You need that ankle mended before Tyler makes his entrance!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I am very fortunate to have people to take care of me! I have really no choice but to rest now, anyway! ;) I tried to get them to move up my c-section date (figuring I'd be laying around anyway) but pretty sure they aren't going to do it. Oh well it was worth a try LOL

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Do what the others have suggested, mend that foot before your new little bundle arrives Becca. Take care of yourself and I hope you aren't in too much pain x

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
OUCH! Maybe you pulled a mommy-ninja move so that your foot took the brunt of the fall instead of your baby-bump. That would really suck at 38 weeks though, but I'm glad you have family to help and you can just rest until the little one gets here!

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
This is nature's way of getting you off your feet for a few weeks to rest. Being pregnant with #2 is entirely different than with your first...now you have a toddler to take care of! So glad you have help. Now get better and rest, the big day is coming soon! =)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Becca, rest-rest-rest!! Keep the feet up now until Tyler is born. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts