Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if she cries and whines excessively tonight - that's normal?? 'Cuz I'll panic and automatically think they left a sponge in there or something.

Should I feed her something different - like boiled hamburger and rice? Should I expect her to poop tonight?

Thanks in advance!
:happy:

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I've heard of dogs crying alot and that it's normal. Mocha didn't she was just out of it on her bed but they kept her overnight the first night so I wasn't around her then. We were able to feed her but I think right after surgery they say not to feed them a big meal since they don't eat before. I don't remember about the poo your vet should tell you though or be able to answer if she should.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
She may be a little whiny, but more than likely she's going to be very dozey for about 24 hours. I'd certainly give her any comforting reassurances she seems to need. And a bland dinner is a good idea.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Libby was definately winey. When I finally got her settled she tooks some ice cubes, but she didn't eat until the next day. I wouldn't push the food, it's just gonna make her have to poo and then you gotta be careful and get her outside. Libby didn't care about eating.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.
Of course I'll ask the vet, but I thought I'd ask here first for personal experiences. :happy:

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
ginger was a little whiny but sleep as soon as we got back. i did feed her small amounts of her food. she has a tendancy to throw up bile if she has a empty stomach.

did she poop this morning? if so then she'll probably wont have to go tonight since she has eaten anything.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
They kept Brooklyn overnight for us so I can't really answer. When we picked her up the next day she was her usual mushy self. Loving all over the vet who did the procedure even. She was asleep...she had no idea who did what to her! :whatever:

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Each dog reacts to coming out of anesthesia differently. Libby didn't make a sound. Shanny whined and cried all night.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! I'm off to pick her up now. :happy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts