Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DH broke the key off in the back door and had to kick it in...busted up now.
DS's truck motor blew up
DD dropped her 2 week old cell phone in the toilet

:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
I hear you. We replaced our furnace motor last Monday for pretty much $700, only to discover that that didn't fix the issues. We had no heat again this morning, which means probably, we'll have to shell out for a new furnace. Nice.

2010 will be better though. I dont' care. It's going to be.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Yikes! I hope the rest of the year goes better! I know I have wondered about the possibility of dropping my cell (or the company phone which we have to have on us all the time when at work) into the toilet when it is on my hip or pocket. Guess it does happen!

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yikes! I hope the rest of the year goes better! I know I have wondered about the possibility of dropping my cell (or the company phone which we have to have on us all the time when at work) into the toilet when it is on my hip or pocket. Guess it does happen!
Yes and now I hope she learned a lesson!!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Yes and now I hope she learned a lesson!!
Did you try drying it out? I have dropped many cell phones in water (dish water, melted bucket of ice, mud puddle), and they have all been fine after drying them out. Take the battery out, and let it sit . . . or make her sit and blow a hair dryer in it, if she is in a hurry. I even dropped an iPod into a bathtub while I was washing out paint brushes, and it was fine.

Can't help with the other stuff, that sucks!

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you try drying it out? I have dropped many cell phones in water (dish water, melted bucket of ice, mud puddle), and they have all been fine after drying them out. Take the battery out, and let it sit . . . or make her sit and blow a hair dryer in it, if she is in a hurry. I even dropped an iPod into a bathtub while I was washing out paint brushes, and it was fine.

Can't help with the other stuff, that sucks!
Yes she did all that...no luck.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Sorry that sucks- Who pays for DD's phone? We were one of those mean parents that didn't give our kids phones. They got them when they could afford them, made them be pretty darn careful with them!

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
It seems to me you are just getting the crap out of the way so the rest of the year is better. Ya know, if it wasn't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all. Sorry about all the crap at once.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Why I have the insurance for my son's phones. The first one Dan got, he promptly dropped in the toilet after having it for 2 weeks. Expensive lesson!

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Cell phone in water- remove battery. Do not try to turn it on after it has been wet. It will short it out. Put phone and battery in rice. Should do the trick. Not much help now, but maybe in the future. I've washed too many cell phones than I care to remember. lol.

I hope your year gets better. :)

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all. DD has to pay for her phone if she wants one now. She doesn't have a job yet, she is 15. She does have to do chores at home.

btw: that phone she did have for 2wks...buying it outright w/o 2yr contract....$349.00!!! :eek:

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
2010 is not starting out too great for me.

I needed to be in Houston 4 january. I booked the flights everything is fine.

I get up at 3 am and drive 40 miles through the snow to get to the airport. At checkin I discover that I booked flights for 5PM yes 5PM not 5 in the morning.
I got to work instead.

Since some idiot decided to breach security at Newark airport all flights to Newark are behind by 12 hours. I book different flights and eventually end up in Houston at 1 am this morning.

I'm here.......luggage is not.

My vpn for accessing company servers just puked.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I get up at 3 am and drive 40 miles through the snow to get to the airport. At checkin I discover that I booked flights for 5PM yes 5PM not 5 in the morning.
I got to work instead.
:eek:

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Thanks all. DD has to pay for her phone if she wants one now. She doesn't have a job yet, she is 15. She does have to do chores at home.

btw: that phone she did have for 2wks...buying it outright w/o 2yr contract....$349.00!!! :eek:
$349 for a teenager's cell phone? Holy Crap, I wouldn't spend that much on a phone for myself. Sorry, but I just wouldn't.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Me either!
She can pick up a phone at walmart or e-bay for a much less. I always have a spare around here for that same situation. Just make sure that the phone is compatible with your carrier, hope it gets better for you real soon.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We just bought one at Walmart several months back and it was fine.... an upgrade came around. That is when she got and had her "toilet phone" it was an awesome phone.

She is so ticked she has to go back to the Walmart phone. DH said well at least you have one.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
We just bought one at Walmart several months back and it was fine.... an upgrade came around. That is when she got and had her "toilet phone" it was an awesome phone.

She is so ticked she has to go back to the Walmart phone. DH said well at least you have one.
"toilet phone":D:D I think DS is the only one that had one of those, I think it had something to do with one to many beers. He was in the military at the time and on a boy's night out. It was an expensive night;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts