1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm late getting this up.. I know! :p

Date: Saturday June 13, 2009

Time: 12pm to 4pm (ish)

Place: Orion Oaks Dog Park, Lake Orion, MI (Click on the hyperlink for a map) The website for the park gives directions to another entrance, but that's NOT the dog park. So you need to go to the place in the linked map above. (If you view it as a Map, it won't look like anything, just green, but if you view it as a satellite, you'll see it!) The entrance is off of Joslyn Road, just south of Clarkston Road. It is on the west side of the road and is directly across from a school. On weekends, you normally have to pay for a daily pass to park there, but if you park at the school across Joslyn, you can walk across and not pay anything! :)

There is access to a lake with docks that go right out into the water with ramps for easy access for the dogs. It is also separated from the rest of the park so if you need your dog to dry off for a while before you leave, it's very easy!

It will probably be a bring-your-own stuff type of occasion. There are bathrooms (not sure how nice they are!) and a drinking fountain (again, not sure how "clean" it is) right at the park.

Just let me know if you think you'll be coming and which pups you'll be bringing so I have a rough estimate of how many people and dogs will be there. Of course non-Lab siblings, human siblings and friends can all come, too!

I think we'll plan on doing another one in the late summer or early fall, too, so keep that in mind! :D

Attendees:
Justine and Abbey
Jackie, Bill, Buddy, and Champ

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Wait and see for us too!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I wish I could go, but I will be out of town.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
sounds like a good time but not that weekend for me. it is my only weekend off that month and I am spending it in Traverse City for the dog show.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Dang - I just invited someone to visit that day on their way to Ohio. If things change we might be able to make it with Orson and Tank.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Possibility for me - I'm on vacation that week, but we're not planning on going anywhere - I might be able to make a run up to my parents.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Let's see, do we have anything on the calendar? Umm, nope! Looks like we're good to go! Jackie, Bill, Buddy, and Champ on the list! :D

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
The summer sucks for me really as a whole. I hate being out in the heat and so do the dogs...

I wish these things happened in April/September. All summer I am strewn about with dog shows etc.

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The summer sucks for me really as a whole. I hate being out in the heat and so do the dogs...

I wish these things happened in April/September. All summer I am strewn about with dog shows etc.
I thought April/May would have been better, too, but most of the people that I polled said June was better...

But I think we'll have a second one in late August/September :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wow, sounds like fun. I am off work that weekend too because we were supposed to go to Nashville for the CMA Festival with Dockdogs, but since they blew that right out of the water:mad: I now have some extra time. We might make it.....

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
We won't be able to go afterall - we're going to take a short 4 day trip to Colonial Williamsburg that weekend - it's the only trip we'll be taking this year. Have fun and maybe next time!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wish that park was there when I lived in Michigan. It would have been a lot closer than driving my boys up to Bad Axe to go swimming in Lake Huron.

Have a great time!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Justine, let's make the next one late September or October, when it's cooler and the dog shows are pretty much over with. I know a lot of dogs don't do well in the heat, especially the blacks.

In the meantime, we'll be there Saturday unless it rains! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts