Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know, I have been doing a memorial tree at Christmas each since about 2004. It is in memory of the pets who are no longer with us, but it also celebrates those who are still here. It has grown from a small 3 foot tree at first, to the one you will see this year. It also has over 400 engraved bells on it that are in memory of those who have gone ahead. I have been doing the bells for almost 10 years now and they are a special part of the tree.

This year I have moved into the modern age with the ability to make a video of the selection and decoration of the tree. I hope you enjoy it and get to experience the joy and also the sadness that goes along with this special memorial. I have tried to make sure to get all the ornaments on video for those who have sent them. Sorry if I missed any. Also keep in mind if you would like an ornament on next years tree, just send it to me with your name and the name of the pet it memorializes. I hope you like the video, Merry Christmas, and a blessed new year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZLWv_jrikw

Feel free to forward this link along to anyone you think might enjoy the tribute.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Joe,

Thanks so much for sharing your tradition and I am sure some of my forever Babies are on your tree. God Bless!!!
Ginny

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I'm glad you stopped by -- Been wondering where you've been. Glad to know you're doing well. And although I can't see the vid from work, it's probably a good thing, as it would be completely non-professional of me to be sitting here red-eyed and blubbery at the office.

Happy 2010 to you and Barb, Joe. St, Francis himself, patron of animals, couldn't do any better......

·
Registered
830 Posts
Hi Joe!!!!
I've been missing seeing updates from you.

Will look at your video at home, can't view it here at work.

Take Care Joe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts