Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we are. Married 15 years today. I've told this before, but here it is again.

Got a call for a blind date by my kid sister's friend who I hadn't seen in almost a year (what made her think of me that day?), trying to set me up with a man she hadn't seen in about 6 months (why did he pop into her head that day?). To this day she says she has no idea why she thought of the 2 of us out of the blue like that.

Of course, having had a few blind dates - each one successively worse than the last - I was adament about refusing. As was he. She must have been persuasive, because he called immediately and I accepted immediately.

We scheduled our date for about 10 days later. And THAT was the last time we moved slowly together.

We fell so hard and fast in love that he proposed 4 1/2 weeks later. We were married just shy of 4 months after our first date.

And 15 years later...here we are. They said it wouldn't last. And yes, really they all did. Guess I can't blame them under those crazy-fast circumstances. But they were wrong. And they all admit it nowadays. :D

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Congratulations, Denise!
Enjoy your special anniversary!

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
aww...sweet story! Just shows you were meant to be together. :) Happy anniversary!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts