Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my " mom" and my best friend! Wow how I still miss you on a daily basis, the things you've missed. The things we miss, your laughter, your wisdom and your strength. I still wait for the phone to ring and hope to hear your voice:frown: Only 58, way to young, not that its ever easy but.... Thanks for being the Mom " you didn't have to be" - You will be loved and missed forever!

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
((((HUGE HUGS)))) I'm going to have a cry for you, Di. =(

My mom is going to be 79 this month, and I can't bear to think about the day when...

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I lost my dad a week and a half ago...I am devastated beyond words...I know how you feel...I have been lingering on the board, but not posting much the past couple of weeks :(

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE=Tucker;1397811]I lost my dad a week and a half ago...I am devastated beyond words...I know how you feel...I have been lingering on the board, but not posting much the past couple of weeks :([/QUOTE]

((((HUGS)))) please know we understand, the hurt, the pain, no way to make that kind of sadness go away! Just know if they weren't that special it might be easier, because of who they were- that it isn't:hug:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Oh Di... How I can relate.... 1st... I'm thinking of you and your love and memories for your mom...

It was May 21st. 2007 when my beloved mom fell to the floor in her kitchen at 6 a.m. monday a.m.....

GONE... 71 years old.. no health problems to speak of.... I still can't believe it.... working on her absence everyday.... missing her terribly....

Sending you LOVE from all of us who miss and love our MOM'S....

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Oh, Di, I feel for you. My mother was only 58 when she lost to pancreatic cancer on my 36th birthday. Not a day goes by that I don't miss her, wish I could pick up the phone to call her, wish that I could share my experiences with her, bounce problems off her for ideas, share my accomplishments. You know.

Here's a toast to all those loved Moms. Those lost too soon and who are missed, and those still around to be treasured. And to the dads as well: those left behind, those gone ahead, and those still around to share life's ups and downs and be cherished. We lose them all too soon and we are never, ever, ready...

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh Di... How I can relate.... 1st... I'm thinking of you and your love and memories for your mom...

It was May 21st. 2007 when my beloved mom fell to the floor in her kitchen at 6 a.m. monday a.m.....

GONE... 71 years old.. no health problems to speak of.... I still can't believe it.... working on her absence everyday.... missing her terribly....

Sending you LOVE from all of us who miss and love our MOM'S....
Wow, so much that is similar, it was a Sunday morning, cleaning up after breakfast and then our world turned up side down...... - 5 days later we made the decision to let her be at peace the hardest decision ever, but the right one for her. There is no way to express the sorrow, the sadness and the hole that is left in your heart. Thanks everyone for the hugs, they really do help. Ursula, you said it perfectly! In her honor I have tried to be the best Mom I can possible be! They miss their Grams, but she would be so proud of both of them I have no doubt. You did good with the short time you had on this earth and we all thank you for what you added to our lives.....

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Oh how I can relate! I've lost my Dad and my Su. My Mom is 81. Every time I see her or talk to her on the phone I wonder how much time we have left. We just are never ever ready.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
{{{{HUGS}}}} to you. You only had to share a few words about your mom, but they were the right words. You were lucky to have such a wonderful mom (even for such a short time), and she was lucky to have such a loving daughter.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Sorry Di. :frown: People keep telling me the pain lessens over time. I haven't noticed & I know you haven't either. I don't know what's worse - watching someone go slowly or going with no warning. Either way it's bloody hard.

You can take comfort from the fact she enriched your life as much as she did & helped mould you & the kids into the people you are today. Take it easy my friend. :wave:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
QUOTE=Tucker;1397811]I lost my dad a week and a half ago...I am devastated beyond words...I know how you feel...I have been lingering on the board, but not posting much the past couple of weeks :(
((((HUGS)))) please know we understand, the hurt, the pain, no way to make that kind of sadness go away! Just know if they weren't that special it might be easier, because of who they were- that it isn't:hug:[/QUOTE]

I had no idea so many of us are in the same boat! ...One of the things I think about every day is that as much as I miss my dad, I am so lucky to have had a WONDERFUL father that only lived to be 66 than a jerk off that lived to be 100!!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry Di. :frown: People keep telling me the pain lessens over time. I haven't noticed & I know you haven't either. I don't know what's worse - watching someone go slowly or going with no warning. Either way it's bloody hard.

You can take comfort from the fact she enriched your life as much as she did & helped mould you & the kids into the people you are today. Take it easy my friend. :wave:
Thanks Garth- I am very lucky to have great friends and family- even those I have never met in person:hug:

Thanks again to all of you for your kind words and thoughts- to all of you who have lost a loved one ((((HUGS)))) We may not agree on everything, but the kindness you all show time and time again is genuine and in the end thats what its all about!!

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Hugs for you, Di. It's been 6 years since I lost my Mom and it still feels like it was yesterday. She took a piece of me with her.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts