Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I'm new to the site and would just like some advice really

Ive always had dogs, my parents brought us up with Labs and Retrievers so im used to the breeds.

My partner and I, 5 weeks ago bought a Lab puppy and hes so lovely and i wouldnt know what to without him now hes part of the family for good. Although last night he started having a diarrhea and was sick about an hour after he eat his dinner. All night he couldnt sit or lie properly and couldnt get comfortable and was really restless and had constant hippcups.
This morning he is a little better, however still not his usual MAD self. Hes got his last injection tomorrow morning so i will ask the vet but does anyone have any ideas?:)

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
If he's sick, please DON'T vaccinate him! I'd take him in today if you are worried.

I also seriously doubt that you will be done w/ vaccines tomorrow at only 11 wks.... Good luck. Anne

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
At his young age, he could still get parvo. You don't want to mess with parvo! Please call your vet right away and ask them to see you today.

Prayers that it's nothing!! :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
He could also have eaten something that caused a blockage, thus the vomitting. Some dogs can still pass stool, even with a blockage. Be sure he does not dehydrate if he is still having diarrhea.

He needs to be seen by the vet and as mentioned, do not vaccinate a sick pup (ever). Don't be afraid to tell your vet "no".

Prayers it is not serious.

Do not place him on the floor of the vets office. In fact leave him in the car until they are ready for you in the exam room. His system may already be compromised and you don't want to add more to that.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Ive always had dogs, my parents brought us up with Labs and Retrievers so im used to the breeds.
Labs are Retrievers so I'm not sure what other breed you've had. ;)

Get thee to a vet, ASAP. As someone else said, 11 weeks should never be the last vaccine. I give my pups their last vaccine at 20 weeks. You never vaccinate a sick puppy. Never.

I hope he gets to feeling better quickly for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Guys

Thanks for all the advice

Zak is all better now, he wasnt sick anymore after my initial post, he slept in our bed with us that night as he would go in his crate and in the morning he was eating socks and jumping around like normal, i have no idea what was wrong but maybe he eat something, he has actualy learnt to open the bin (which we have now moved up out of his reach) so maybe he might have nicked something out of there when we werent watching - little sod!! hahaha

We rang the vet and he said to keep an eye but hes all better now and he has his injection and chip this morning after the vet gave him a health check.

Thanks again for the advice x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts