Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought some of you might be slow with the holiday and all so...tell us 10 random things about yourself.

1. I drive with 2 feet (brake left - gas right)

2. I'm constantly twirling my hair

3. My little piggy toe on both feet never grew and is tiny

4. I've seen the Grateful Dead 7 times in concert (before Jerry passed)

5. My hair has been going grey since I was 19

6. I do a "spider check" around the ceiling of my bedroom every night before I go to sleep

7. I have major egg issues...not allergic, they just gross me out. I can really only eat hardboiled eggs

8. I've been on several Royal Caribbean cruises

9. Even though I lived in NYC during the 90's...I hate Seinfeld. (But I've been to the real Soup Nazi)

10. The bottom half of my 2 front teeth are fake due to my running with a large stick at age 10, tripping over it and falling on the pavement.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
1. I have lived in six different states (IL, TX, IN, PA, FL, MI)

2. I really, really don't like driving behind people who drive with their left foot on the brake, and I will get around them at the first opportunity. That's as bad as not having brake lights.

3. I used to bite my fingernails.

4. I've been divorced five times - as far as I know, all my exes are still alive and none live in Texas

5. I forgot to take my Bluetooth headset off when I came home from the store

6. I have never been on a cruise, would really love to take one from California to Alaska and back

7. My second toe is slightly longer than my big toe.

8. I love toast, but it has to be browned, not just tanned.

9. I've seen Alabama, The Judds, Jackson Browne, The Vogues, The Hilltoppers, The Inkspots, Willy Nelson, Charlie Daniels, Johnny Mathis, the Righteous Brothers, Janis Joplin, The Electric Light Orchestra, Chicago, and Jefferson Airplane in concert.

10. I'm very sentimental, and a pack rat.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
1. I was a contestant on ABC's "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire." Didn't win on the show, but did spend a nice weekend in NYC on Reege's nickle (he's really short, btw).

2. I dream about being a symphony conductor.

3. I spent some time as a freelance movie critic for a local paper. Loved it. Was replaced by a syndicated service that also offered horoscopes and puzzles.

4. I was downsized 2x in the 1990s. Faced the humiliation of going on unemployment. Struggled mightily -- we were new parents both times.

5. One of my most prized possessions is a ring that was my father's. When he passed away in 2006, my mother gave it to me. I have worn it daily since.

6. I could eat a gallon of ice cream in one sitting. Favorite flavors: Pistachio and Rum Raisin

7. The car I am currently driving is the first automatic-shift car I've ever owned. I only bought it because it was a fantastic deal, off the lot. Elsewise, I much prefer to drive stick-shift. Except in stop-n-go city traffic.

8. I hate the taste of crabmeat.

9. I watch TV lying on the floor.

10. Am addicted to the NYT Sunday Crossword puzzle.

·
Registered
618 Posts
1. I don't drive (due to epilepsy)
2. I talk ALOT!:D
3. I was in a coma for 2 months in the year 1999 and not expected to live.
4. I have donated 48" of my hair to locks of love twice!
5. I have been to every state in the US by car.
6. I have grossed over one million dollars in one year before.
7. I don't wear shorts ever! (?) Almost always wear skirts. (no real reason):rolleyes:
8. I don't drink water. I hate it.:eek:
9. I never cry. (I think the last time I cried was about 3 years ago when I put my mom in a nursing home for alzheimers)
10. I do not know how to text.:confused:

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
1. I do a thorough check of hotel rooms to make sure people aren't hiding in there.
2. The thought of a snake or spider can throw me into hysterics.
3. I love to play and watch hockey.
4. I pass out everytime I get blood drawn.
5. I constantly twirl my hair, but only on the left side.
6. I do everything right handed, except twirl my hair and golf.
7. I was a competitive gymnast as a child/teenager.
8. Tapioca pudding really grosses me out.
9. I love the sight of rolled hay bales in a field.
10. I haven't drank milk in at least 22 years.

·
Registered
21,482 Posts
1. I struggle continually with the concept of "moderation"

2. I love sodukus and crosswords

3. I always wanted to be a lawyer

4. I hate tomatoes

5. I have a skunk stripe in my hair (white not grey)

6. I am an uneasy flyer (yes and I still watch shows like Mayday)

7. I love musicals (live and tv)

8. My eyes water at emotional moments - but only on tv - funny cause I rarely cry

9. I am lucky both my parents are still alive - over 80

10. SU, pups are my world (have no kids)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
5. I have been to every state in the US by car.
So tell me -- What's the toll nowadays on the Calif-to-Hawaii bridge?

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
1. I only got to see the Grateful Dead 5 times before Jerry died.

2. I also drive with two feet.

3. I have my motorcycle liscense, but sold my motorcycle.

4. I've been from PA to Ca and back 4 times in the back of an old Ford station wagon.

5. I collect shot glasses and have 46 of the 50 states.

6. I love the Blues.

7. I am an exercise video junkie.

8. I love scary movies.

9. I have a goldfish named Clementine.

10. I've never had a traffic ticket.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
1. Minor case of OCD; you should have seen my husband's face the first time he saw me check a locked door five times. (Not four, not six. Always 5.)

2. I golf even more than my name implies.

3. I once put $5000 dollars on a hand of blackjack, and won.

4. I cry over everything. It's the one thing I'd really change about myself.

5. I once weighed almost 300 pounds.

6. I believe in the death penalty for people who leave shopping carts in the middle of the aisle and then pretend not to see you.

7. Going to the dentist literally makes me shake.

8. Lots of people assume I'm stuck-up because I don't talk much, when in fact I'm just painfully shy around people I don't know.

9. I first wanted to go to law school because Nancy Drew's father was a lawyer and it sounded cool.

10. I don't eat fish or seafood of any kind. And no matter how many times people say "here, try this, it's so much better cooked this way", I'm not going to eat it.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Ok lets see what I can come up with...

1) I was almost hit by a car once, but a guy pulled me out of the way. I have a scar on my elbow from rolling into the street as I fell down.

2) I love dogs (clearly), but am petrified of Springer Spaniels...a BYB used to live by us and 4 of the dogs hopped the fence and chased me and our Golden around the block. I got nipped on the ankle by one of them.

3) I have a scar on my nose from being bit by our Golden Retriever

4) I was on a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade float with Vanessa Williams, and I met the Yankees the 2nd year they won the world series.

5) Steamed crabs are hands down of my favorite meals

6) I don't like to drink (alcohol), my dad is a recovering alcoholic and I'm afraid that if I drink I will end up like him.

7) I'm also afraid that I will get Alzheimer's like my grandmother.

8) One of my favorite movies of all time is a Disney movie...Cars

9) My brother and I don't always get along, but I love him to death!

10) I love to share random things :p

·
Registered
356 Posts
1) I'm a diehard Cowboys fan!
2) I have ADD and currently take meds for it...
3) I hate to go shopping
4) I am claustrophobic
5) I hate elevators
6) I love to swim
7) I love to fish
8) I love to play golf even though I suck!
9) I love photography and enjoy shooting weddings
10) I love being a husband and a father!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I'd love them. What do you have?
Jane Fonda's treadmill tape, several of Richard Simmons' (Sweating to the Oldies, Disco Sweat, Sudar Mucho, Tone and Sweat), Abs of Steel, Buns of Steel, Country Line Dancing, Tae Boxing, Walk Aerobics with Leslie Sansone, Yoga for Beginners, and Totally Nude Yoga and Tai Chi. I had several more, but they got 'borrowed' by my stepdaughter or tossed out when we were purging the book cases.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i could have written several of the things robin did.

1) i'm also slightly OCD but i have to check things 3 or 7 times.

2) i once almost weighed 300lbs(129lbs now for several years.)

3) i drive with one hand. thank God for automatics.

4) i can't drive at night. severe night blindness.

5) i wish i lived in Texas.

6) oh, i'm also painfully shy until i get to know someone.

7) i hate talking on the phone. my heart rate speeds up if i have to call someone i've never talked to before, even for food delivery(guess that goes with the shy thing.)

8) i'm afraid of heights.

9) red is my favorite color...currently my car, hair and phone cover are all red. i'd have a red phone if it had been available in red. even the wallpaper is a red rose.

10) i'm a technology junkie. i get more excited over new gadgets than jewelry. i'd rather window shop in best buy than a clothing or jewelry store. or home depot or lowes. i love the smell of fresh lumber.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Jane Fonda's treadmill tape, several of Richard Simmons' (Sweating to the Oldies, Disco Sweat, Sudar Mucho, Tone and Sweat), Abs of Steel, Buns of Steel, Country Line Dancing, Tae Boxing, Walk Aerobics with Leslie Sansone, Yoga for Beginners, and Totally Nude Yoga and Tai Chi. I had several more, but they got 'borrowed' by my stepdaughter or tossed out when we were purging the book cases.
How do you do a treadmill tape? I usually do the pre-programmed workouts that are on my treadmill. Or just get on it and run with headphones on.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
How do you do a treadmill tape? I usually do the pre-programmed workouts that are on my treadmill. Or just get on it and run with headphones on.
I had the Jane Fonda treadmill - it was not motorized. The tapes were to get you going at different speeds. I hated her because she never broke a sweat, where I was dripping from the scalp and face after 20 minutes! I sold the treadmill and forgot to give the person the tape with it.

ETA - I was sweating after TWO minutes, not twenty. doink!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts