Ummm how do i stop puppy from crying outside?!
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ummm how do i stop puppy from crying outside?!

johno is offline Senior Member

DefaultUmmm how do i stop puppy from crying outside?!

We got little 8 week old Reef home today, and we had her in the lounge room. When we put her outside to stay the tears and yelping started. Whats the best thing to do to make her get used to outside and stop crying?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Registered Users

DefaultRe: Ummm how do i stop puppy from crying outside?!

Assuming you mean you want her to be an outside dog ........

Easy. Bring her inside. Labs are people dogs. They love to be with their families. She's ONLY 8 WEEKS OLD FOR GOD'S SAKE!

WTH did you you get a Labrador (or any dog) just to shut it outside?

WTF is wrong with you people?

If not, then stay out there with her until she's ready to come inside.

You cant be serious.....oh wait, you are.

Does anybody else have some helpfull advice? Surely im not the only person who would like an outside dog? We are open to our dog coming inside if she stays on a designated mat or blanket, but we dont want her going whereever she likes in our house. Shes a dog, not a human FFS.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Johno2
    Shes a dog, not a human FFS.
    WRONG! It's people like you just reinforce my belief that the only true animals in this world are the 2 legged ones. :no:

People like you disgust me & PISS ME OFF! > You're nothing but a cruel arsehole!

Quote Originally Posted by Johno2

are open to our dog coming inside if she stays on a designated mat or blanket, but we dont want her going whereever she likes in our house.
    Then you obviously know nothing about Labs. They're velcro dogs. They follow you around like a shadow. If that's not what you want in a dog, then I suggest you re home her ASAP & spare her a lifetime of misery.

GET A LIFE.

GET A SMURFING HEART!

Garth, you might be a legend in your own lunchbox, but to me your just another idiot on another forum who posts rubbish while hiding behind your monitor. :tired:

If anyone else has any knowledge they would like to add to this thread then i would greatly appreciate it.

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

I agree with everything Garth has said she is 8 weeks old she will cry on her own outside. If you want her in an only want her in certain part of the house gate off the areas you dont want her in. Buy a crate also it helps with house training, she wont learn to go to a mat and stay on a mat until she is alot older

imported_LuckyGirl is offline Senior Member

I don't think anyone on this forum is going to have any helpful advise for you. Eight week old puppies have just been taken from her mum and now you brought her home and tossed her outside to be on her own. Of course she is going to cry and howl to come in! Labs are very family oriented dogs and she's going to be miserable if you keep her outside.

Nobody that I know of on this forum has an outside lab, or other dog for that matter. I'd suggest you rehome the puppy because obviously you do not want a new family member or pet. You want something to play with and give attention when it suits you. Are you chaining the poor darling up too?

Garth has a life, and to my knowledge its a pretty terrific one with some terrific dogs. I have THREE labs in my home and they go WHEREVER they want because it is there home too. I sure as hell don't make them sit on a smurfin mat. What are you going to do when this puppy starts demolishing your yard? Labs are going to do that, especially since she is going to be bored stuck outside all by her little lonesome.

So again I say rehome her, but I can tell you nobody is going to give you any advise on how to keep her quiet so she doesn't disturb YOU in your nice warm abode.
    -Brandie<br /><br /><br />Nothing cures a bad mood like a Labrador or three in your lap.

Well jeez Lucky Girl, you betta go rescue every wild dog out there because they must also be suffering a miserable life too. Did you and the rest of the Garth parade ever stop to think that perhaps the dog might be happier outside rather than cooped up in a house all day? Sure she might have a small period of adjustment while she gets used to spending SOME of her time on her own, but it may just work out better in the long run.

I live in Australia and I dont where you guys live or what colour the sky is in your little world, but over here the conditions are hardly harsh. Its not too hot or too cold for a lab here so I really dont know what you guys are on about. I could understand if i was living in snow which is where i suspect some of you might live.

But in any case, to tell me to re home my pup is a bit ritch from someone who doesnt even know me or the pup's living situation. It just reeks of arogance and narrowmindedness on your part. The same old cr*ap that I found here when I originally posted about acquiring a lab pup.

Also, the breeder who i bought the lab from had them out in a run outside for the very reason that its easier for them to adjust to being outdoors (because thats what most normal people do with their dogs). So now I guess that she must also be wrong even with her 30 odd years experience in breeding show dogs.

BAAAAAHHHHH.....you people need serious help.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast