Toy Suggestions

Thread: Toy Suggestions

FlashRodebaugh is offline Junior Member

DefaultToy Suggestions

I know eveyone who has an agressive chewer says the same thing...what can I get that they can not destroy. Eveyone has told me there is nothing that is indestructable. I totally agree but isn't there something out there that lasts more than a week.

Flash really needs to be on a panel of doggie testers. He has destroyed a Kong...granted it was almost 18 years old (I used it with three different dogs). The only things he has not been succesful in anihilating is an Extreme Kong, the Everlasting Treat Ball, the Kong Wubba, and a new Vibram ball from My Good Dog. I am just trying to find some non-food chew toys. He can consume a 12 inch Bully Stick in 2 hours. Speaking of Bully Sticks...are they bad for the dog? I have not read anything stating so but I wanted to check. They are smoked and I wonder if it is unhealthy to give them. Flash goes ape for them...and when he chews he is like a drug addict looking for a fix. Nothing disuades him.

Anyone out there find anything that last more than a few days?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

sammysam21 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Toy Suggestions

I have two that shred every thing that they are given. I give them Nylabones which are made for powerful chewers. They love them & they seem to last longer than anything else that I have tried. Good luck.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Definitely Nylabones! They make several different kinds so you have to make sure to get the ones that can't be eaten. I have 3 powerful chewers and these are the only things I'll buy for them. The ones I have now I've had for years and years. The only thing they do is knarr the ends up a bit, that's all.

Oh, that and the black kong.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

FlashRodebaugh is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the Nylabone suggestion. I have one and he is completely disinterested in it. Unless he eventually gets some treat out of it he gives up. I figure if that is all there is to chew he will go for it.

Dynamicdogs is offline Member

the nylabon galileo is awesome lasts a long time. my boy loves it. took him a bit to warm up to it but I saw one at my friends kennel and all her dogs love them too. another interactive toy is Jollyball.
    http://www.jollypets.com/html/HP/JollyBallandToys.html
    I use these in teh daycare and my friend uses them at her kennel. awesome, although the ones that have a handle usually lose the handle from chewing but the ball stays intact.
    Kongs are always a good product make sure you buy the ones for strong chewers.
    To encourage chewing of the nylabone maybe put a bit of cheesewhiz or peanut butter rubbed thinly on it.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just piss on it and walk away

Nala Daddy is offline Senior Member

Nala is a strong chewer she loves destroying her toys and has gone through just about everything until we found West Paw. We were shopping in a new dog store and I started talking to the guy about her destroying toys and he showed me the West Paw frisbee. He said he wouldn't recommend letting her just lay there and go to town on it for hours on end but it would be great for fetching and tug. He also said if she so much a punctures it I could bring it back to him and he would give me a new one. Well after about 2 weeks of just letting Nala have it when we played together it was in perfect condition so I decided to throw it in her toy box to see how it would end up. This is the toy she grabs in the morning to play with and at night to just lay and chew. She loves to put it in between her paws and pull on it. After 3 months this thing still doesn't have a mark on it and I am amazed. It was a little more expensive at about 15 bucks but it was well worth it and needless to say we have since gone back and bought a bunch of their other products.

Here is a link to their stuff.

http://www.westpawdesign.com/catalog...zogoflex-.html
    Kyle

subguy812 is offline Junior Member

I am fortunate that Luke only chews his toys and things he shouldn't. On the flipside I am going broke trying to find things he can't destroy. The red Kong was no match for Luke, the black Kong he wont even chew unless it has something inside and then only licks it but he gets bored quick and doesn't like the Kong. Nylabones.....I have gotten the huge size and the knuckles may last a week. I just got a Galileo Nylabone and in 4 days it was mangled, but still usuable, but they bore him too. The Kong Wubba did not make it past the first night. Believe it or not large squeaky tennis balls have survived but mentally I am going nuts because he wont chew it only soft mouths it to make it squeak......constantly and when he really gets it squeaking he howls at it as well like he is in bliss. Sounds like Jurassic Park. He gets plenty of exercise so his chewing is not out of boredom, he just loves to chew. I am only afraid when we are at home he is bored and I want to provide him some stimulation to keep him interested. As amusing as it is to watch him enjoy his squeaky bliss, I would like to find some other things he will enjoy as well while preserving my sanity. Can you find WestPaw Design in the local pet chains?

Nala Daddy is offline Senior Member

Not at the big chains like Petsmart or Petco. But most of the smaller stores that seem to carry the higher end food have the west paw stuff.
    Kyle