How long should 8 week labs nap for?

Thread: How long should 8 week labs nap for?

Gracies_Mom is offline Member

DefaultHow long should 8 week labs nap for?

this is gracie's first day with us. And I know its a big day for a lil pup. She has been asleep for over an hour and it's 6:12pm should I wake her up or let her wake up on her own. Her schedule is off due to us not getting home today from picking her up from the breeder. So the official schedule won't start until tomorrow. But on the average how long do lab pups nap for? Help, first time lab momma here.. :ugly:

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dani is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: How long should 8 week labs nap for?

they sleep a lot. Let her be.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

thanks.

I did.. she sleep fo2 1/2 hrs. She just went down again, not sure if it's for the nite tho.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

I think it depends a little bit on the dog. Baloo would only nap for about 1/2 an hour at a time (long enough for a quick shower + blow dry, trust me I timed it! ) But I was recently visiting a friend who's 9 week old lab puppy played for about 40 minutes and then slept for a good two hours! Ahhh how I would have killed for that, LOL! :sleepy:

Enjoy the quiet time, you will miss it soon enough!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

Might that be Ollie??

Hi Gracie's Mom... my pup is now 11 weeks old and he'll be up and playing for about an hour to two, and then sleep for about the same amount of time.

Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

Indymom is offline Member

Same here.

Sophie is now 11 weeks old...we got her at 7 weeks and she would literally play for an hour, then nap for two for at least the first three weeks we had her...we are now seeing a change in her routine...she's up more during the day...she gets up at 6 am for breakfast, then plays/is awake until 8:30-9:00 am when I put her in her crate for the morning (that's when I do my volunteering at the school or run errands) then she eats lunch around 12 or so (we are going to wean her off lunch in a few weeks) then is awake/playing/training until about 3 or so, when she takes a 45 minute nap, then she's up again until bedtime at around 8:30 pm...she literally will come up the stairs and get in the crate and stay in there asleep or at least quiet until the alarm goes off at 6am

Enjoy the little bundle sleeping while you can! And try to work a nap in there for yourself...you're gonna need it!

sarah is offline Senior Member

let her sleep... she has LOTS of growing to do and playtime is tiring for a little puppy like Gracie!!

You should always cherish the first 2 months... they go wwaaayyy too fast and soon she won't sleep enough
    Sarah & Milly - Sydney Australia

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnye
    let her sleep... she has LOTS of growing to do and playtime is tiring for a little puppy like Gracie!!

You should always cherish the first 2 months... they go wwaaayyy too fast and soon she won't sleep enough
    thanks I will cherish it. I have been super lucky with Gracie she's real good about sleeping in her crate and I have had no seperation anxiety at nite at all from her, no big cry. I keep waiting for it to happen but it hasn't I have had her home with us since the 8th (last saturday). So she sleeps through the night no problem now..

I get up at 6:30am and sometimes she's still down or on the verge of waking up or just up playing quietly in her crate.

Izzie is offline Junior Member

Izzie would fall asleep with her toys in her mouth and sleep that way for a good hour. Man I wish she would have slept that long at night!!