Let's get serious here...
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's get serious here...

DefaultLet's get serious here...

...how stinky/hairy are things gonna get around here?! My house, not the forum.

Luckily we have hardwood floors so that should help. How often do you recommend bathing, etc?
    no, i don't flush puppies.  i just like the way it sounds and it's been my online name forever.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Let's get serious here...

I've only bathed Baloo twice in his life, I think, and he smells fabulous.

The hair is something else though. I got the furminator and haven't looked back since. I LOVE it, and have to vacuum much less because of it. Was a skeptic, am now a believer. 8)
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

Someone else just told me that was the best $50 she ever spent - on the Furminator! Definitely will check that out!
    no, i don't flush puppies.  i just like the way it sounds and it's been my online name forever.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_nellies mom is offline Senior Member

Nellie has been bathed once in the six years I've had her. Labs don't need baths unless they role in something stinky.
    <br />~~~~~~~~<br />Danie<br />Nellie, CGC<br />~~~~~~~~<br />The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

kaznalf is offline Senior Member

Never if you can help it, I have never ever bathed Alfie and he is just over 18 months old. If you bath them alot them shed more. Alfie swims regular and that keeps any mucky marks off him

A couple of the books we have say once a month. Not necessary?
    no, i don&#39;t flush puppies.&nbsp; i just like the way it sounds and it&#39;s been my online name forever.

zoesmom is offline Senior Member

I used to give Zoe a bath on Sundays after a weekend at the beach
    until I came here to find out she just needed a good rinse.

Hasn't had a shampoo in 5 years or so.
    She did have a "spot" shampoo on her face when she
    decided it was a good idea to roll in cat poo

She did get baths as a puppy...pooped in her crate and stepped on it. :vomit:

Fur is everywhere, but I vac only once a week. Touch up w/Swiffer sweeper on the tiled areas during the week, though.
    Linda and Zoë, the Umlaut
    Honolulu, Hawaii

[

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

A good rinse with plain water will help keep yucky stuff off.
    My yellow guy just requires regular brushing to stay clean. My black is a different story. If I don't bathe him once a month, he starts leaving a brown oily spot on my bed and the couch.
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

labby is offline Senior Member

I've never bathed the dogs I have here and the oldest is almost 10. Labs do not need to be bathed if they are kept clean by brushing every couple of days.

They've gotten spot cleaning when they've rolled in something but that's about all.

This one is 17 months old and has never had a bath. Does he look dirty to you? No, he doesn't smell either.

Laura

Jefferson'n'Ted is offline Senior Member

I'll add that Jefferson--my black--does not have the proper lab coat. That may explain why his bathing needs are different.
    “If I know every single phone call you’ve made, I’m able to determine every single person you’ve talked to; I can get a pattern about your life that is very, very intrusive. And the real question here, is what do they do with this information that they collect – that does not have anything to do with al-Qaeda? And we’re gonna trust the president and the vice president that they’re doing the right thing? Don’t count me in on that.”
    Joe Biden, 2006

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast