no accidents for 4 weeks then 3 in a day and a big one overnight why?

Thread: no accidents for 4 weeks then 3 in a day and a big one overnight why?

mrbacklash is offline Member

Defaultno accidents for 4 weeks then 3 in a day and a big one overnight why?

Well Coco was doing so good at 14 weeks she hasnt had an accident for about 4 weeks and yesterday she had 3 in the afternoon and we woke up this morning and the bed that she had earned was soaked. Not a clue as to whats going on here could it be a Urinary Tract Infection?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

That would be a big possibility. She should see a vet. If not a UTI, they often do 2 steps forward, one step back.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

mrbacklash is offline Member

Yeah I called the vet this morning and she said that unless she is tender under her belly or blood in the urine it is probably not a UTI that she is still a puppy. She said that if she is still doing it on Monday we should bring her in.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

Was the day any different? Did she more around more, have a visitor (or you have a visitor)?

Health would be my first thought, but if that clears outs, I wonder if maybe the pup had a big big day and then was just so tired overnight it leaked out (or rather, peed without noticing). One of the big things with puppies that young is sometimes their brain doesn't send the signal fast enough for them to react, even if they KNOW to ask to go outside.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

Labs are notoriously stoic even as pups, and if theres enough blood in her urine that you can actually see it, thats an advanced infection. Personally, I think your vet's advice is lacking, I'd get a sample and bring it in for testing, probably to a different vet. If it were me.

Failing a UTI, I remember our breeder telling us that housetraining is complete when they have gone five full weeks without an accident in the house at all. I remember Baloo getting to 4.5 weeks and then having an accident, and I was SO frustrated that I had to start the count all over again!
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

brody is offline Senior Member

if you'd had a bunch of weeks where things were going well you MAY have gotten lulled into thinking she was the one trained - where realistically until she's about 6 months old you are the one trained
    so for example if you didn't watch her go last thing at night (cause she always goes) she may have eaten a leaf instead .. and had to go overnight ...

it's very typical to have a little back sliding through housetraining ..

watch her and the vets on Monday if she doesn't get back to normal is a good idea but don't despair hang in there
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller