Puppy eating and drinking

Thread: Puppy eating and drinking

Bellas_mom is offline Junior Member

DefaultPuppy eating and drinking

Hi I am new to the forums but I need some advice.

Our new puppy is a black lab. She is a little over 3 months and she is doing really good for us. Except I am concerned about her eating and drinking. When I feed her she eats her entire meal in under 15 seconds. I swear. Then when I put water down for her she acts like she hasnt had a drink in 2 weeks. I cant leave water down all the time because she will just drink and drink until its all then she pee's all over the house. I bought a new bowl that makes them slow down there eating so hopefully that will help. But other then that I am unsure what to do.
    I feel bad for our other 2 dogs because if I am not watching her like a hawk she will swoop over and eat there food and drink there water too.

Please help :gum:

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Puppy eating and drinking

Well, you have a bona fide lab, which is why food only lasts seconds.

The water drinking would concern me, however. Has she been to the vet? If not I would take her, and bring a sterile urine sample with you when you go, to have them check for a UTI. (urinary tract infection)
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

VTEnviro is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Puppy eating and drinking

I don't know what to tell you. We have a pretty picky, self-regulating pooch when it comes to that. When we feed him he eats a few bites and comes back later for more.

I've seen Labs that wolf down everything in sight though too. It's not good on their digestion and its unsightly. Good luck getting through it.