puppy diarrhea

Thread: puppy diarrhea

imported_LuckyGirl is offline Senior Member

Defaultpuppy diarrhea

Sam has gotten sick he has diarrhea with blood in it. :scare: I posted about it in LC, doc said he should be fine in a few days and if not back we go. Doc said he can have a LITTLE bit of his kibble tonight. Is there anything else I can do for him? He's just laying around right now and he'll go get a stuffie and make it squeak a bit as if to say "look mom I'm playing I'm okay" then he goes and lays down again. :'( Mommy's lil trooper.
    -Brandie<br /><br /><br />Nothing cures a bad mood like a Labrador or three in your lap.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_nellies mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: puppy diarrhea

I would not feed kibble. Boil some hamburger or white skinless chicken and mix some with cooked white rice and a little of the chicken broth (if you cooked chicken). Just give about 1/4 to 1/2 of what you normally feed. The most important thing is to not let him get dehydrated. When Nellie wasn't drinking I took chicken stock and diluted it way down with water. She loved that.
    <br />~~~~~~~~<br />Danie<br />Nellie, CGC<br />~~~~~~~~<br />The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -- Gandhi

I'm a vegetarian so I don't have meat on hand, but I do have some frozen chicken breast thingies that can be cooked (phoenix still eats meat) is that okay for him?
    -Brandie<br /><br /><br />Nothing cures a bad mood like a Labrador or three in your lap.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

i just found the bag I have some chicken strips I can boil or some italian chicken breasts? Also I thought I had rice but I do not should I mix it with something else?