Collars

Thread: Collars

s_shala is offline Senior Member

DefaultCollars

I need to get Jazz a new collar as she has grown out of yet another one lol! Which clasp is the best? Im worried if i buy one that clips together it may open if she pulls? ! ? Am i to worried and being silly i just need to ask
    <br />My cutie Jazz<br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Collars

I'm not sure what kind of plastic clasp you're referring to -- none of the ones I've seen and used have ever pulled apart. Although actually, "pulling apart" might not be such a bad thing: it would serve as a safety mechanism, if caught on something the dog could get free.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Remi is offline Member

I agree with Bob Pr., if you're concerned about your pup getting caught up on something and pulling then a plastic squeeze clasp (this is what I'm assuming you're talking about) would probably break easier than a metal clasp or buckle collar. We use a martingale collar on Remi that we take off when he's in the house but many people leave it on 24/7. The martingale helps significantly with him pulling (he puts his nose to the ground sometimes and just goes) and because he doesn't wear it in the house we don't need to worry about him catching it on anything around the house or his crate.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

s_shala is offline Senior Member

I do mean the plastic clasp and agree its does seem alot beeter if she gets stuck on sometime. I also take Jazz's collar off after her walks. Thanks for you great advice
    <br />My cutie Jazz<br />

GulfCoast is offline Senior Member

I use the male/female clip kind with no problems, other than on an ecollar strap.
    HRCH Ellie Mae MH CGC
    Tipsy Puppy
    Justlabradors.com -- the best site for your Labrador needs.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee311/EllieMaeDogg/2108207141_f7321f204b.jpg

TimC. is offline Senior Member

I know what your talking about. I've seen people have a hold of their dogs collar and the next second the dog is gone and they are holding an empty collar. I use a nylon buckle collar and Oona doesn't wear one in the house.
    Olie