Darkness

Thread: Darkness

s_shala is offline Senior Member

DefaultDarkness

Jazz has improved so much the last copule of weeks only 1 thing at the mo im haveing trouble with Jazz wakes up very early (5-5.30am) if i put a sheet over her pen do you think it will make her sleep longer?

<br />My cutie Jazz<br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Darkness

It might... another idea is from a trainer friend of mine... since she's consistently getting up at 5:30, set your alarm for 5:25. After a couple of days, set the alarm for 5:45, then 6, moving it back gradually till she's on your schedule. Having the alarm within earshot of the crate will provide her with a sound cue.

Remember though, her bladder is teeny tiny and can't be expected to hold for a full 8 hours.

I will try that thanks. Jazz is the first Lab i have had and i just cannot believe how wonderful she is !!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Remi is offline Member

Remi did this when we first got him, he's about the same age as your little one too.

We did something similar to what kaytris described because Remi would wake up around 4:00am ready to go and get the day started. We don't get up until 5:30am so you can see where the problem was! :tired: We also make sure that if we don't need to get up early (i.e. our precious weekends) we turn our alarm off...Remi has learned the clock going off means someone will be getting up. He will now sleep until about 6:30-7am on the weekends no problem. We're extremely lucky that at 5 months old he is able to sleep the night through without needing to go potty.

A few things to remember, make sure you take your pup out right before she goes to bed. We usually take Remi out around 10-10:30pm and when he comes in he goes to bed. Also, we try to limit Remi's water intake after say 8pm. If he were to drink right before going to bed there is no question he would wake us up. Good luck!

Thank you. We are lucky to she goes all night without needed the loo i will try the alarm for the weekends as i do like a lay in.