Please Help......Puppy cries all the time!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Help......Puppy cries all the time!!!!

Kayte85 is offline Senior Member

DefaultPlease Help......Puppy cries all the time!!!!

I just got another puppy, a black lab named Molly, she is 8wks. I got her on Saturday and she was very good slept all night long. Well yesterday I put her in the crate while I cleaned the house and she cried and barked the entire time. I took her out side several times while I was cleaning and she went every time. Last night I fed her dinner and took her out 3 times before bed, I put her in the crate, she fell asleep but when she woke up she cried abd barked again all night long. I have another lab, Bandit who is almost 2. When he was a pup he hardly ever cried in his crate. Please tell me that this will go away. Any suggestions? Im a doing something wrong? Or not going something I should be? Please let me know.
    <br />*He is my friend, my partner, my defender, my dog. I am his<br />life, his love, his leader. He will be mine, faithful and true, to the<br />last beat of his heart. I owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.*

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Karolyn is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Please Help......Puppy cries all the time!!!!

Harlee did this on the second night until I moved the crate in my bedroom. You didn't say where you had the crate but maybe if it was close to you, the puppy wouldn't cry.

kaytris is offline Senior Member

an 8 week old puppy may not be able to hold it all night long.. you may have to give her potty visits midway through the night for the time being.

Has she had a vet check yet?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I have her crate in the living room, she cries even if she's in the crate and can see me, she just doesn't like it I guess.
    She is going to the vet on Tuesday.
    <br />*He is my friend, my partner, my defender, my dog. I am his<br />life, his love, his leader. He will be mine, faithful and true, to the<br />last beat of his heart. I owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.*

imported_BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrownDog20
    I have her crate in the living room, she cries even if she's in the crate and can see me, she just doesn't like it I guess.
    She is going to the vet on Tuesday.
    Give her a little time to adjust. She is a baby just removed from her litter and mom. It is a big change.

Try covering the crate with a sheet or lightweight blanket when you want her to settle down. That should help
    Sharon

Bob Pr. is offline Senior Member

Puff did that at first, too, whenever she was separated from me. I tried to keep her close to me when possible until she adapted.
    Puff [YF, AKC field line (from competing HT/FT breeder) 62 lbs, dob: 8-'01]

Bess [BF, AKC bench line (from competing show breeder) 55 lbs., 1967-1981] "Poor Bess, the Wonder Dog":
    http://forum.justlabradors.com/showt...?p=748#post748

Im going to try putting her crate in my room tonight and then putting her in when she is getting tired and then draping a blanket over top. thanks all

kaytris is offline Senior Member

Make sure that the crate is not only used for bedtime or when you're away. Feed her in the crate, play fetch and tug games in and around the crate, toss treats in occasionally, so that crates mean fun times as well as a 'bedroom den'.

Quote Originally Posted by kaytris
    Make sure that the crate is not only used for bedtime or when you're away. Feed her in the crate, play fetch and tug games in and around the crate, toss treats in occasionally, so that crates mean fun times as well as a 'bedroom den'.

Oh I definetly will. I wasn't referring to it as just for bed time, she is in it all the time, she just only cries at night. Thanks

Kaysha912 is offline Junior Member

Morgan cried most of the night for the first week or so that we had her. We tried wrapping a ticking clock in an old t-shirt (apparently the sound is suppossed to imitate her mother's heartbeat and it comforts them) but that didn't work. We moved her crate from the living room into our bedroom and that helped a little. Then we were told to put a sheet over the crate and it definitely helped...now at about 10 weeks, she sleeps through the night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast