Crate Escape

Thread: Crate Escape

sammysam21 is offline Senior Member

DefaultCrate Escape

Cooper has been crated since we brought him home at 8 weeks. He goes in it easily but now that he is getting older he wants more freedom. I caught him this morning using his tongue to try to unlock the crate doors. It is only a matter of time until he figures it out. Does anyone have any suggestions? His crate has an opening in the front & the side.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Trickster is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Crate Escape

Padlock.

imported_BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Look into some childproofing gadgets. I know that there is a sort of plastic slide lock for cabinets which requires actual fingers to remove. That would probably work out well.
    Sharon

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labluvR13 is offline Junior Member

Our crate had a simple hook that dropped into place. It took only a couple of weeks for the dog to figure out how to bump the door and lift the hooks out of the loops. I notified the crate company and they said they had just changed the latches to a twist and clamp device. They sent me a new crate and I shipped the other one back to them. I was impressed. She never figured out that system.

You could look at a store like REI and check there carabiners. Some just have a flap that closes, but some screw shut. I would think one or two of even the simplest ones should do the trick.

Good luck with your Houdini!